PDA

View Full Version : Going rate for far west central Indiana

dbowling
01-14-2005, 05:44 PM
I live on the far west side of Indiana, about 20 miles north of Terre Haute in Rockville, Indiana. Was wondering if anyone has an idea as to what the going rate is for this area for residential yards. I work full time and Im looking to do maybe 8-10 yards on my 3 days off every week. Appreciate any suggestions on what type of mower to get for small to large yards also.Whats the best weedeater for this type of work etc., I mowed grass 20 yrs. ago but just had a big Cub Cadet rider with a 52 in. deck and a weedeater, made decent money for the time. Thanks, Dean

J Hisch
01-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Buy a 36" walk behind maybe even a blet drive for that many lawns. 8-10 lawns a wk I would say you would gross 200-325.00 $20-35 for average lawn up to 8000.00 if open

dbowling
01-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the help, theres a ton of people around here that mow grass so I suspect competition will be tough.... Dean

Lightningj33
01-18-2005, 02:39 PM
do a good job and word of mouth will grow your business. just b/c there is a lot of comp. doesn't mean they are all doing what they say they are going to do when they say they are going to do it. since this is extra cash for you just start small like you said and take care of your people then down the road if you look to do it full time this customer base will take care of you in more ways than one.
good luck
miller
btw, i operate on the west side of indy