PDA

View Full Version : SoftWare Program

SprayBandit
01-14-2005, 06:43 PM
I am looking for a good software program. I have been using a old outdated version of Service Solution for years now and I would like to find a product that will do as good but that I can use on a newer machine. Old one is a DOS program. Any help would be appreciated. :p

ArizPestWeed
01-14-2005, 10:03 PM
I've heard gophersoftware is good

DiscoveryLawn
01-15-2005, 11:18 AM
I have Lawn Monkey and am looking forward to switching to something else. I am leaning toward Gopher.

David

TSM
01-15-2005, 02:23 PM
I am looking for a good software program. I have been using a old outdated version of Service Solution for years now and I would like to find a product that will do as good but that I can use on a newer machine. Old one is a DOS program. Any help would be appreciated. :p

isn't it possible to just upgrade the version of service solution??

SprayBandit
01-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, it is TSM, however it cost about $2700.00 that I really would rather not spend. I just thought maybe the applicators in here might have something that would work for less payup :D

James Cormier
01-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Yes, it is TSM, however it cost about $2700.00 that I really would rather not spend. I just thought maybe the applicators in here might have something that would work for less payup :D

I may not be real qualified to answer this but I will give it a try. From doing my own research on this topic for the past few years it seems like Real Green has the best package out there, There are a few guys here using that. However this is the most expensive, 5-6 K when done.

The next best to me was Lawn Monkey, but Ive been reading some bad info on how well they treat there customers after the sale. And the was a questions if they were gonna keep making that product.

Winteck and Service solutions seemed like good products as well,

Now like I said Ive researched all these products and every year I want to upgrade to something like these packages, the only problem is what they cost, I can do all the same as these product with Access, word and quick books and a few other $50 programs, that Ive been using for the past 10years.

MrBarefoot
01-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Now like I said Ive researched all these products and every year I want to upgrade to something like these packages, the only problem is what they cost, I can do all the same as these product with Access, word and quick books and a few other $50 programs, that Ive been using for the past 10years.

James, I am in total agreement with you.

I have built an application with Access, Word, and MapPoint. It wasn't to difficult, and it took about a month. There are now tools on the Intuit website that will allow smooth data transfer between Access and Quickbooks, but I havn't tried to do that yet.

It is not as difficult as many think to take MS office software and configure it to a specific business or operation.

GrowinGreeninc
01-16-2005, 10:24 AM
we have realgreen as well as routing software and are happy now. they like others have had their issues but are willing to support their product. you have to be careful that you don't let the upfront cost scare you to a cheaper product that you get no support for. real green upgrades their product almost every other week and they are included in your support. While I've had more than my share of complaints about them over the years I feel they are the most competent out there.

DUSTYCEDAR
01-16-2005, 10:29 AM
i have looked at the products out there and i feel for what i do quick books , word and excell will fit my bill and cost less for now
i under stand how they work and they do what i want i dont have to relearn stuff to make them work
old dog and new tricks only works if the dog has time

MrBarefoot
01-16-2005, 11:52 AM
How many people out there have made their own data support system from MS office apps and Quickbooks?

There are some areas where I want to improve my system, and I would like to take a look at what other people have done.

So if anyone is willing to zip up share their application with me, I will zip up and share mine with them. I will delete all my customers out except for a handful (about 10 or so) to protect my customers, and I will leave all the reports, maps, invoices, and other records intact.

Keep in mind that mine works with MS MapPoint and those features will not work unless you have that installed.

This is a standing offer, send me a PM if you are interested and I will send you mine first to build trust.