PDA

View Full Version : Haulmark -vs- Wells Cargo

coastallandscapesolutions
01-14-2005, 11:44 PM
What is eveyones thought on the difference between Haulmark and Wells Cargo.... 8.5' X 20' enclosed trailers. Is one better then the other?

TURF DOCTOR
01-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Trailers are more or less the same,

i_plant_art
01-14-2005, 11:58 PM
wells cargo is the top of the line in my opinion. if no one believes me go and look at one. very tightly made trailers. although for the "abuse" and "beating" that they go through why spend the $$ why not just get a haulmark they are just as good. im looking to buy a haulmark right now only b/c i cant seem to justify the wells cargo.

KCLandscape
01-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Love my wells, one of the best made trailers I have ever seen...Worth the money!

T Edwards
01-15-2005, 08:08 AM
i plant art

That's a pretty good arguement you've got going on with yourself, there. Let me know who wins.

northmichigan
01-15-2005, 10:33 AM
i don't which is best but i have a bmw motorcycle covered trailer for my tool crib and the particle board floor has worn-out. the way the trailer is made the walls sit on top of the floor and to replace it you have to remove the whole box. the reason i posted this here is the floor of the trailer detirmines the live of the whole box.
if you are investing in a covered trailer make sure that its going to outlast its weakest link[the floor]. i've had mine since 1993 and now is my tool shed at my storage yard.
mj

mrusk
01-15-2005, 07:28 PM
I have a 05' 18x8.5 haulmark on order. The wells cargo has alot of features standard, that are options on the haulmark. I ordered my trailer with almost every option. It has a 10k gvw, 2 roof vents, 2 side vents, 6 in of xtra high, 18in extended tounge, spare tire in floor, ramp extension, and some other schit. The total before tax was 6600. The best part is, i have zero payments and zero interest unti Dec 29, 2005. I could not touch a wells cargo with those options for the price. Wells cargo wants an extra 1400 bucks to upgrade the 3500lb axles to 5000 lbs.

Matt

DrByrd
01-16-2005, 06:22 PM
I looked at both before I drove an hour farther to get a CarMate trailer. Lifetime warranty on floor and roof (no seams). Fit and finish is by far the best, no firring strips to cover the seams inside trailer where wall panels butt together. And one of a kind led light set-up. my .02

ericlepping
01-19-2005, 03:04 PM
I just went to a deealer that sells Haulmark and Car Mate thinking I wanted a Haulmark. After looking at both trailers the construction and,in particular, the finish on the Car Mate is superior. As mentioned, the one piece roof has a lifetime warranty as does the floor. While I wasn't too concerned about the price (since I had already decided on the Haulmark) the Car Mate was about $900 less for a similar 16' trailer.
A friend who had a Haulmark for mowing went with me and agreed that he thought the Car Mate looked like a better made trailer.
Bottom line - I left a deposit for the Car Mate.

fga
01-19-2005, 03:47 PM
i just bought a used wells cargo, about a year old. i don't know the differences, but everyone keeps telling me wells is the top of the line. so i guess i just got lucky.

ztoro
01-19-2005, 03:55 PM
I had a haulmark and upgraded the size and bought a Cargo Express trailer... I think it is as good as the Haulmark.....

fga
01-20-2005, 07:03 PM
i was looking at the back of a haulmark today, and i realized my wells cargo has an option i would much prefer to the haulmark. now it ,may seem petty to some but when your talking about efficiency, and getting from house to house faster... the wells has one handle and lock on the rear ramp that secures both sides of the trailer. the haulmark you have to open both sides to lower the ramp. i cut alot of small houses, and move pretty quick. i think that small feature will benfeit me in those situations. not a night and day differnce obviuosly, but i would rather have the one handle. i also only need one lock on the back door to lock on the afternoon, and open every morning..

am i getting lazy.. :)

DrByrd
01-20-2005, 08:21 PM
One thing to remember when you go to let that ramp down make sure you have that handle out of the way (folded back) you can ding up aluminium panels on your door. Car Mate had a single on earlier models but has since change it because of this.I would assume it cost them more for two locking arms too.

ztoro
01-20-2005, 09:50 PM
I am always a freak about having a back up plan... I like having 2 latches in the back.. If something where to ever happen to one of them, I do have a back up plan.... Plus if for some reason the spring loaded pully ever snapped I would not like to be standing behind the door of my trailer... I'd rather be on the side..... out of the way...