PDA

View Full Version : How to spend my Money in the begining?

Slcareco
01-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Hey, I'm just starting this spring and I saved up about 2500 dollars, and i still need a backpack blower, string trimmer, and a trailer.... now my question is what do i really need and dont? like can i do with out a trailer in the begining and just put all my equipment in the bed of the pick up? which would save me 500+ dollars or will i need the bed? by the way i just plan on doing general maintance to start (cut,edge,blow) and instead of blowing my hole savings on a new commercial mower ill just start with my regular toro 6.5 hp

any ideas or input everything will help! thanks

SidelinePropMgr
01-15-2005, 10:46 PM
I started with just my walk behind, blower, edger and a truck. Do not look at getting bigger equipment until necessary (when your accounts will pay for it).

Sideline Property Management

mtdman
01-25-2005, 12:33 AM
Work your way into the equipment. Especially since your funds are limited. Too many new LCOs spend a wad of dough at first and have too much equipment, not enough work.

Greentek4
01-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Yea dont go out and buy the newest biggest equiptment you can find. Find you some used equiptment thats a good brand, look in the news paper or check out flea markets. also a back pack blower might not really be necessary right now, especially if u just have smaller acounts your doing with a push mower.

Eho
02-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Hey, I had a Toro 6.5 HP mower and it worked pretty well for a little over a year( i mowed about 400 lawns with it).... By that time i noticed it wasnt running as well anymore. I think you should be able to use this for about 400 lawns. After that, I think you should then look into getting a toro 21 inch walk behind commercial grade. It costs about 1100 bucks but its well worth it. You should have enuf cash flow to buy it. It will last a long time, does a great job and many of the pros use it. No, you dont need a trailor either. I just load up my mower and other equipment in my truck bed. Just make sure you find a good syster to pack them together to they arent rolling around everywhere. Hope this is useful advice.

lawnlubber
03-26-2005, 04:24 AM
Spend the money for commercial grade blower and trimmer. The homeowner models are underpowered and will last about a month as you struggle with tools that aren't capable of the task.

lawnandplow42
03-27-2005, 09:59 PM
despite many people saying to buy good, used equipment, i'd buy new. this is because i know it hasn't been abused, especially if i plan on continuing work in this industry. Along with that, you can finance a new product into monthly payments.

sheshovel
04-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Buy the blower and the trimmer 1st,you will need those to finish out your basics.