PDA

View Full Version : Double cutting

Patfo
01-28-2001, 03:35 PM
I'm considering going full time this year after being part time for the last 5 yrs. I realize I have alot to learn and am very lucky I stumbled acrss this site. I used a 36 in. walkbehind last year and found myself double cutting to get the yards looking decent (some of them) especially the first 2-3 months of the year. With the equipment you guys use how common is this? I am focusing on resendential accounts and am considering one of the smaller Dixie's or EXmark and am trying to avoid bagging. Any feedback greatly appreciated! THAnks!

Eric ELM
01-28-2001, 03:46 PM
I feel that Dixie Choppers do a good job of mowing and they have a great longevity. As far as the double cutting, I have an article on my website that includes this topic in with using double blades. If you read this, it will give you my view on this matter. Go to the top link below, then click on Double Blades. I have a comparison picture of a lawn cut with my Chopper and one cut with another brand. :)

I also have lots of lawn pictures on my site too, all cut with my Choppers.
Eric

kutnkru
01-28-2001, 07:58 PM
If you have under 50 lawns you should be able to cut more frequently thru the months of April and May. We have our clients on a 5 day rotation schedule throughout these months. We also cut at about 2.5 inches and this helps to keep the grass shorter and clippings to a minimum as well.

When we are talking with customers and getting their input on different aspects of the business, we repeat to them often throughout the conversation that spring mowing will be done on a 5 day mowing schedule.

Hope this helps,
Kris

John DiMartino
01-28-2001, 08:26 PM
I have found that keeping the grass shorter,it grows even faster,and you hve less grass to "hide " the clippings in.When its growing fast raise the deck,and bring it down over the next few weeks slowly,that will keep you from getting clumps.My Dixie Chopper with double blades never clumps,unless the deck is plugging up,which is often if its wet.