PDA

View Full Version : plastic dump insert for pu

east sooke man
01-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Has anyone had any experience with those dump pro truck inserts? They have a plastic box, are lighter than the steel ones, lift with an electric winch and rated at 3000 lbs which is close to what most pu's would be able to carry.I don't know what the price is yet, waiting to hear from them, but I was curious if anyone had any experience with them.

pyrocare
01-16-2005, 12:08 PM
I looked at it and got a price but I thought it was over priced for a non hydralic and a plastic box. They quoted me $1,999 plus what ever shipping would be.

Scag48
01-16-2005, 08:05 PM
2K for a non hydraulic, plastic dump bed? Sounds like a waste of time. A good bed insert is only about $1500 more.

gogetter
01-16-2005, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=pyrocare I thought it was over priced They quoted me $1,999 plus what ever shipping would be.[/QUOTE]

And if I remember correctly, shipping wasn't cheap! I just remember the total was much more then the cost of a steel insert installed.

Gravel Rat
01-16-2005, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't bother with a plastic dump bed sounds a little hokey to me I would go with a regular slip in box. Maybe go visit Rebco in Coombs they maybe able to build you a slip in dump box or make one of their Rebco logger boxes to dump. Or go out to Del Hydraulics in Port Coquitlam just off of Kingsway ave and look at a little tipster.

What size of truck do you plan on putting this on ?

If its a 1/2 ton or a light 3/4 ton I wouldn't consider putting a slip in box on it because the truck isn't heavy enough.

So has your snow disapeared yet on the big rock its still here on the Coast I wish it would disapear and we can have our West Coast rain back again.

fga
01-16-2005, 09:19 PM
i don't have experience with either, the steel or the plastic, but i imagine on a regular pick up, the payload would be more with the plastic for the obvious lighter bed. i was looking into the steel insert, but figured i would have about a yard dumping capacity left after the weight of the whole thing.. not worth it for me with a 1/2 ton series, but the plastic is interesting to me, i don't use the dump to often, mostly top soil here and there.

let me know how you make out if you go that route

east sooke man
01-16-2005, 11:04 PM
I didn't know Rebco was in Coombs,was just there on friday. I plan on going to the landscaping expo at the PNE next weekend so I may check Del then.

Our snow is mostly gone except as you go north towards the ferry orthe Malahat.My brother lives in Shawnigan Lake and he got two feet over 36 hours with his electricity out for 48. It almost makes me think I could make money with snow equipment but it's so infrequent I'd rather enjoy it from in front of my fireplace.

I've got a 90 dodge 250 cummins but it has an ex cab so I've got a short box which might be a pain to find an insert to fit.

Gravel Rat
01-16-2005, 11:20 PM
A truck with a short box will pose a problem but they probably make a 6' dump insert if it comes down to it and you really want a dump you may have to build a dump box to replace the P/U box.

I wish the snow would disapear and guys that work in the excavation and landscaping fields can go back to work :cool2:

DLCS
01-17-2005, 01:18 PM
I saw them last year at the GIE. Looks to be a well built dumper, uses a heavy duty Warn winch to make it raise. The owner quoted me around $2000 at the Gie in 2003 but he later sent me a brochure with a price of $1600. Seems like a good deal if you have a 1/2 ton truck. With a 3/4 ton or larger I would definately get a aluminum or steel Truckcraft or similiar.

gogetter
01-17-2005, 01:38 PM
east sooke man, EZ-Dump does make a 6' model for short beds. (Truckcraft may as well, can't remember).

DCLS, like I said make sure you take shipping costs into account, because it is substantial. Wish I could remember what they quoted me for shipping. I just remember that when aded to the cost of the insert it was a good bit over the cost of a steel one (installed too) locally.

east sooke man
01-17-2005, 04:48 PM
...pay more for a product that seems to be not as good doesn't seem to be a deal in my books.

jimmyq
01-17-2005, 07:01 PM
anyone else heading to the show on the weekend at the PNE? I am going to go Friday and maybe again saturday, they have a bunch of free seminars that might be interesting.

fga
01-18-2005, 03:22 PM
...pay more for a product that seems to be not as good doesn't seem to be a deal in my books.
yeah on the surface. but for me it would be about production and what money the equipment made for me. if the plastic would allow me a higher a payload, then it would be more productive to me, then a heavier unit with alot less payload..

when i say payload, i'm not referring to the unit itself, but the overall set up on a pick up truck.

east sooke man
01-18-2005, 10:45 PM
fga ...a point well taken I got a email from dump pro today and they say they are in developement on a shorter unit but it is not ready for production yet,they will keep me posted but did not give any prices at all.