PDA

View Full Version : Lesco - New England Pricing

HydroRI
01-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Being a new business, I wanted to try and get an idea of the pricing bracket I am in with Lesco. I am able to go to Lesco's web site and log on and type in any product I am looking for and see my price. I live in RI and I figured their pricing should be pretty close for all of New England. I am still deciding who I want to use for my supplier in the Spring. I am between Lesco and a local nursery that supplies Lebanon Turf Products.

I would appreciate it if anyone can share their Lesco Price on the following products I list below. I know it may not be any of my business but I just want to get an idea of where I stand with Lesco. It will help me make my decision for which supplier I will use for next year. If you don't want to share just let me know if my price is too high, Fair, or very good price.

Item: 026009 Description: 19-19-19 Plastic Price: $ 15.80 tax not included
Item: 008979 Description: LIMESTONE PELL DOLOMITE (50 Lbs) Price: $ 4.95
Item: 062444 Description: Momentum PREM BL HERB (1 Gal) Price: $ 46.00

DUSTYCEDAR
01-16-2005, 10:04 AM
well your price will depend on what and how much u buy.
i go through tons of material a year and get better priceing than u do on most products so if that helps u

Lawnchoice
01-16-2005, 10:15 AM
I would really suggest going to the service center and talking to the manager about your expected purchases for this 2005 season.

My pricing is a bit lower than yours as seen on the website, however the price can always be lower when you go to the service center.

Lesco has been great to me for years and IMHO I wouldn't change from them unless something really went drastically wrong. The local nursery may have a couple of the products you need right now, but you will really want to look into the future for a relationship.

There is also a Lesco forum here that you can tap into. - see above -

GrowinGreeninc
01-16-2005, 10:15 AM
We have symbiot contract and get national account pricing so its hard to compare but even with that I have several local suppliers that beat lesco on chemicals every time. 4.95 is very high for lime even for 1 bag.
I buy at about 1.85 a bag ton price but i belive their walkin price isn't more than 2.50 for 40lb dolemetic. 19-19-19 is usually a non stock item for lesco.
look at 18-24-12 You should be no more than 10-11. Go to a local industry trade show and meet some suppliers in your area. Most will ship to you.

HydroRI
01-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Ok, Thats a start. But what I am looking for is there a dollar or cents difference for each product compared to your price being a larger volume buyer. I know I can get 19-19-19 for $ 10.50 at my local garden shop. I want to use lesco for several reasons but will it ever be worth it for me and how long and how much will I have to buy to get a decent price? I like the convenience of lesco, I use a lesco spreader, and so on. I was also wondering if my price will be the same throughout the year? This is important for me to take into consideration when I price jobs.

Lawnchoice
01-16-2005, 10:20 AM
I was just in Lesco the other day and the pricing from 2004-2005 went up a certain %. I don't have the exact numbers right here though.

I think there is a price break over 10k in purchases, so you will go down from there. I think, don't quote me on that though.

DUSTYCEDAR
01-16-2005, 10:35 AM
i belong to symbiot also and i dont buy all my stuff at lesco due to the fact i can get it cheeper else where on some stuff
but the bulk of my stuff comes form lesco and they take real good care of me so i buy there it is close by and they will get me anything i want if i let them know

GrowinGreeninc
01-16-2005, 03:28 PM
If you do alot of business with lesco I would join symbiot in your area. You will save approx 15-25% depending what you buy plus a 3% rebate. fyi my rebate check is more than my membership fee. The only thing i get there tends to be fertilizer and spreaders. if you use them soley it would be a good deal
they do limit so many to each area but it is well worth looking into. We also get discounts on our trucks through enterprise fleet and john deere.