PDA

View Full Version : good customer

moonarrow
01-28-2001, 03:58 PM
talk about good customers, A customer that I do on a regular call me thurs. night and told me come and mulch thier leaves, and to do the house across the street, and left an address to another house and told me to do it also. Then they said they would leave a couple of blank checks and to just fill them out. That is what I call a good customers. Do any of yall have customers like this?

[Edited by moonarrow on 01-28-2001 at 04:03 PM]

Randy Scott
01-28-2001, 04:42 PM
People like these must surely makeup for some of the others that don't pay on time and so forth. You must be doing a good job to earn these peoples trust, way to go!

David Hickerson
01-28-2001, 06:44 PM
I have a cash paying customer who got tired of looking at her neighbors messy yards and had me mow them last season. I hope I get the job again. She is also the only one who gave a $100 bill to each crew member for X-Mas. That is a nice customer.

Eric ELM
01-28-2001, 06:54 PM
That is a rare thing anymore, to have trust like that. After meeting you, I can see why they trust you though. :)

moonarrow
01-28-2001, 09:11 PM
Thank you Eric and Randy for the compliment, I believe that honesty and quality are the 2 number one ingredients in any business

Randy Scott
01-28-2001, 09:31 PM
moonarrow, I'm just starting out in this business and I think that those are the two key ingredients to taking care of customers. At least those are my thoughts and my focus to trying to make this business work for me. I want to be as professional as I can, but if a situation arises where I cannot provide a good answer to a customer because I am not sure, I want to be honest, and tell them that I will surely get them the answer. I would rather lose a customer because I was honest and did not have the answer immediately, then to lie or B.S them and then get caught with my pants down. I think honesty and integrity will go further than a load of crap. People don't like to be made a fool of. I sure hope this is a good theory, it's what I'm going by.

moonarrow
01-28-2001, 10:04 PM
Randy I believe you are on the right track good luck with your business

Guido
01-28-2001, 10:40 PM
We qouted a old women a couple ofneighborhoods over for some retaining wall and landscape work in her front yard at $4 to $5K ( She just wanted a really rough estimate) She handed me $5K on the spot and told me to do a good job!! I couldn't even believe my eyes. I was so used to customers crying about giving me 1/2 up front on landscape jobs and this lady gave me more than she had too, in cash, before I started the job, and without knowing me. She almost left without even taking a business card, and I had to remind her of that too! We did a lot of extras for her after that, and still made an awesome profit. She wanted to give us more because we did a good job, but I wouldn't take it so she bought me and 3 of my guys gift certificates to a really fancy steakhouse in our area. She was definetly my priority 1 customer when I took her on full time, she was always the fastest paying and least complaining!! She usually paid in advance every month for mowing, etc.

I wish there were more like her out there!!

Keep the ones you got is the key though I guess!

Mowin4cash
01-28-2001, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by David Hickerson
I have a cash paying customer who got tired of looking at her neighbors messy yards and had me mow them last season. I hope I get the job again. She is also the only one who gave a $100 bill to each crew member for X-Mas. That is a nice customer.

Cash paying customer, whatz up wid dat?

Mike

bobbygedd
01-29-2001, 01:36 AM
guido, i had a similar expeirience: gave an elderly lady an est for some stone, and shrubbery, totalled at $1400. i explained to her that it was late in the season for me to get quality shrubs, and that i would contact her in april. on my way out the door, she hands me $500 cash, and says dont forget to call me in april.told her id rather take a deposit when im ready to do the job, she said just take it.

HOMER
01-29-2001, 06:13 AM
I have a customer, a rich one, that was late with her payments every month. One day we got a check for 3 months from her and I told her she had grossly over-paid. She said that she knew she had been getting behind with her bills and thought this was a better way.............I had to agree, been paying like this ever since, but not in cash.

wch&g
01-29-2001, 06:25 AM
Sounds like the cash custmer know what they want and get it
Works for me!

David Hickerson
01-29-2001, 09:35 AM
My cash customer works night so she is home when we do her yard. I told her many times that I would rather invoice her but still pays cash while we are there. Not complaining here.

Charles
01-29-2001, 09:49 AM
I feel much better when working for costumers who show there trust in me. Like half way or before you even start they bring the cash/ check to you and then leave you alone. I still have many costumers who waite until you finish the job before paying even after they have praised you for your honesty and the great job you have done for them for many years. I mean if you have worked for someone for over 5 years and they still waite for you to finish the job to pay you it can be demeaning and insulting. I know some don't want to interrupt your working but alot just still don't trust you. Its a great jesture for a lonetime customer to come out and pay you before you finish and then of course get the hell out of your way quickly lol