PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Start Fertlizing Need

silverado327vortec
01-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Looking to start fertlizing for the first time ever for my customers. Looking for a good link on where to find equipment and product at reasonable price. I checked out lesco but seems costly.

E-9 Lawncare
01-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Well, it looks like you're going to have to do some research for yourself on this one.

Turf Medic
01-16-2005, 07:09 PM
What kind of equipment are you looking for? Liquid or granular? How many accounts to you have?

lawncare4u
01-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Looking to start fertlizing for the first time ever for my customers. Looking for a good link on where to find equipment and product at reasonable price. I checked out lesco but seems costly.

ty www.eartyway.com :p :p :p :p :cool2:

Turf Medic
01-16-2005, 09:45 PM
ty www.eartyway.com :p :p :p :p :cool2:

did you mean www.earthway.com

westwind
01-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Lesco has always been competitive with prices up here. check out www.permagreen.com if you have a large enough customer base.

mastercare
01-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Lesco seems expensive, but excellent fert products. Sometimes it may be worth it to spend the money. I started out using a Even Spread cheapo from Home Depot. The spreader only cost $30. It was a piece of junk compared to the big ones out there, but it did the job for the 3 years I used it on only 5 lawns/yr. But, you'll want to spend the money on the fertilizer right from the get go. Remember. If Lesco charges you $12 a bag, and you can do 2 lawns @ $25 each.....your profit is still $38 for about 15 mins of work.....that's $152/hr. Do that for 4 customers and you'll have enough to buy a new Lesco Spreader too.

Like I said, use the good fert, and maybe save a couple bucks on the spreader until you get a few bucks saved up. I now use a Meyer HotShot HD which is a push spreader designed for rock salt....but its heavy duty and works great on Fertilizer too. That way I get to use the equipment year round.

If you're charging right, you'll always recvoer your material costs, and it won't take long to recover the cost of a spreader as long as you get a handful of accounts.