PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me what you think of my contract

shaughnessylawn
01-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Please tell me what you think of my contract and what needs work !
I have used alot of ideas that Ive got from lunate.com any info would be nice thank you

eruuska
01-16-2005, 04:49 PM
shaunessylawn,

Your attachment doesn't seem to be there. You can either repost it, or others can view it HERE (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=93104) .

shaughnessylawn
01-16-2005, 05:57 PM
thanks euurska having troubles I hate computers

Smithers
01-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Please tell me what you think of my contract and what needs work !
I have used alot of ideas that Ive got from lunate.com any info would be nice thank you
i have a few suggestions:

1. get a PO box. never tell clients where you live.
2. dont tell them about your sharp blades. mention it in the shpeal.
3. be short, like, "edging is included". no need to list all the areas.
4. call it "service aggrement, not "contract".
5. line up things. your margins are too wide.

i like to fit mine on two pages, first the services and prices, then policies.

do a search, find mine and look at it, please.

dont tell them what your hrly rate is. the less they know, the better it is.

Smithers
01-17-2005, 12:12 AM
shaunessylawn,

Your attachment doesn't seem to be there. You can either repost it, or others can view it HERE (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=93104) .
your contract seems to be a lot like mine. did you copy most of it? the first paragraph is word for word.

shaughnessylawn
01-17-2005, 12:38 AM
I used alittle from a couple of contracts, one of them could of been yours but never word for word. Heres the deal with the hourly rate, I just bought a company from a guy, 26 accounts and the way he has it set up First is mulch, mowing, landscape installs, are set price and priced by the job,the way just about every one does it including me. So when he told me about the hourly rate thing I was confused until he explained to about these clients, all the clients are high end homes 1 arce and up all landscaped. So they are on a maintenance program weekly bi weekly monthly for bed and lawn maintenance and he said it was alot easier this because each week or so theres somrthing different to do. So I agreed to it this and see how it goes and well see if it dont I hope it does

Smithers
01-17-2005, 12:44 AM
I used alittle from a couple of contracts, one of them could of been yours but never word for word.

no, i was asking ERUUSA, not you, about the copying.

how much did you pay for those 26 clients?

shaughnessylawn
01-17-2005, 12:53 AM
1 exmark zero turn with 1100 hours 7 by 14 open trailer 1999 chevy work truck 2 wd 72000 miles two brand new sthl 420c blowers 2 sthl weed wackers , sthl chain saw, sthl stick edger, a ton of hand tools, hedge trimmer
42 landscape books, 21 toro selfproprlled mower,tool boxs, everything he had
and I probley paid to much but I tought it was worth it $17,000

shaughnessylawn
01-17-2005, 12:55 AM
I sold the truck, mower, and trailer for $ 8500

eruuska
01-17-2005, 01:46 AM
petrentz,

I know I looked a lot of contracts while I was putting mine together, and I did a fair amount of cut n paste along the way. Yours may very well have been one of the ones I used. I hope you don't mind, trust me, if I used parts of your contract it's only because I couldn't say it better myself.

Smithers
01-17-2005, 09:46 AM
petrentz,

I know I looked a lot of contracts while I was putting mine together, and I did a fair amount of cut n paste along the way. Yours may very well have been one of the ones I used. I hope you don't mind, trust me, if I used parts of your contract it's only because I couldn't say it better myself.
i dont mind. it was just weird, cause when i was reading it, i was like, "damn,this sounds really good, just how i'd say it". then i was like, "wait a minnute, that's exactly what i did said". i just wished that you had said, "thanks" in that thread.:)

but it's fine. i put it there so people can use portions of it if needed.

Smithers
01-17-2005, 09:47 AM
I sold the truck, mower, and trailer for $ 8500
how much did those 26 acounts bring you last season? i dont think you did too bad. expecially after selling the mower and truck for that much.

eruuska
01-17-2005, 05:07 PM
petrentz,

I looked over my post and you are right, I did NOT include a big "thank you" to you for your wonderful contract. I looked over my editing process, and I did use several of your paragraphs in my finished product.

So here is a belated "thank you", please accept my apology for my rudeness.

Take care.

Smithers
01-17-2005, 06:16 PM
eric, you are very welcome. no problems at all. let me know if i can help with anything else. :):)

i have coupon file that you guys can have if you are interested. i doubt that i wil ever use it again.