PDA

View Full Version : Need sofware advice!

Drew Gemma
01-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Alright let me hear what you guys have to say good and bad don't leave anything out. I need software to help with billing, taxes, payroll tracking expenses and to just keep track of the numbers. Now what is good and easy to use. I hear guys buying one for this and another for that. Is their one software that does all the business stuff plus does all the landscaping items like billing, scheduling, routing and all that. I want it to be easy cause I hate learning software. But I like to keep track of all the numbers I like to run an efficient business. So if you got a min. give me the details about what you use and what you do or don't like about it. Thanks guys!

Shuter
01-16-2005, 09:20 PM
The best thing to is a search for the different software companies on this site. Also check out the sponsors like Gopher. I use Quicken for the money and Proventure for all billing, estimating, etc.

Cutters Lawn Care
01-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Quickbooks will take care of everything you need.

rclay11541
01-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Quick Books! Great pice of software and most accountants use it so if you have an accountant you will speed the process of doing taxes which also equals less money to the accountant. You can just upload all your books on a single disk and give it to him.

Drew Gemma
01-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Thanks But can quick books do scheduling, routing estimating. Can i print custom bills and invoices.

grass-scapes
01-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks But can quick books do scheduling, routing estimating. Can i print custom bills and invoices.

It will print the custom bills and invoices. Do you really need to spend the thousands of dollars for a quality program that will do scheduling and routing? I have looked and its too pricy for me.

If you get quickbooks, get the customer manager as well....Worth every penny, since its free after rebate if you buy both at the same time.

packerbacker
01-17-2005, 01:52 PM
QuickBooks is the best around. Its easy to learn and almost does everything for you. And its a heckuva lot cheaper then any of the custom lawn software programs.

coastallandscapesolutions
01-17-2005, 02:17 PM
QuickBooks Pro.... that is all you need to know. I have been using it since 1995. Smartest thing I ever did.

tiedeman
01-17-2005, 03:23 PM
I have to agree with almost everybody above, Quickbooks is the way to go.

PTP
01-17-2005, 03:53 PM
I just started using Quickbooks this year. So far, so good. It, if you get the Customer Manager, will do everything that you wanted except for the routing. For that, I would recommend MS Streets & Trips or the professional version Mappoint. Even with the Streets & Trips you can input your properties and it will figure out the shortest distance and give you a map of how to do it.