PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for temp., wind speed and direction for apps.?

DLS1
01-16-2005, 09:20 PM
I use weatherunderground.com last year to get the information before I left to do the apps.

This year I would like to get a Kestrel or some other unit but looking for one that also gives wind direction. Anyone have something that does temp., wind speed and direction?

lawnboyCO
01-16-2005, 09:34 PM
I can access the web with my Nextel, so I just go to weatherbug.com to get my temps, wind speeds, and wind direction. It's really a cool deal because if it suddenly gets gusty, I can just take out my nextel and get up to the minute weather reports,

Foster
01-17-2005, 09:44 AM
There is an automated weather service at my local airport. It gives a weather report for pilots. Most of the stuff doesn't make sense to me but it does tell temp and wind speed and direction.

kickin sum grass
01-17-2005, 09:03 PM
gempler.com has handheld units

DLS1
01-17-2005, 09:54 PM
gempler.com has handheld units

I have their new catalog and that is where I saw the Kestrel units. I guess I could hold up a small rag to see what direction the wind is blowing. :D

Luscious Lawns
01-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Weather.com or intellicast or weatherunderground are all on my favorites list. We also use a La Crosse weather station at the shop. This unit displays and logs 12 weather paramaters every hour and lists them as a data base. The log makes it easy to compare weather to apps. many days after the event.