PDA

View Full Version : Cat Pooh In Beds

Strawbridge Lawn
01-17-2005, 12:34 PM
A lady asked me what can be done to keep cats out of her mulch beds for they are under the shrubs defacating.. Any products that can be applied over new mulch that will deter them?

Thanks
Gary

meathead1134
01-17-2005, 12:35 PM
If you do a search on google you will find a few products that can't don't like the smell of. That should help out the problem I can't remember the name though

Grassmechanic
01-17-2005, 03:40 PM
I've used moth balls before. They didn't eliminate all the cats from the beds, but they sure stayed away better than before. They do smell somewhat, so be careful where you place them (windows, doors, etc.).

sildoc
01-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Cat Nip!!!! :p
No there are several products availible. Try going to your local grange or Lesco or ??? in your area.....
I have used a mint flavored/smelling powder on my own and a few customers beds and have had good results. However it is kinda expensive when you break it down. It has to be placed every 4-6 weeks and at 11 bucks for 400 sqft of coverage it does not get all your customers on board easily.
I wish I had some at this time but the local grange has been out for the last month and not expecting any for at least a month. Hope my beds hold up till then.

nuchdig
03-10-2005, 08:35 PM
dog poop! Cats like to "work" in fine soils. In some instances a few crushed up clay pots placed just under the mulch will keep them out. They don't like the jagged edges.
Mike

ProMo
03-11-2005, 08:18 AM
I saw some dog and cat repellant at lowes

jd boy
03-11-2005, 08:33 AM
how about a bb gun?