PDA

View Full Version : selling accounts

burchfieldf
01-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Does anyone have a "rule of thumb" for selling residental or commercial accounts. Thanks in advance for any replies.

mickman
01-17-2005, 12:47 PM
I have bought out 3 lco's and I wouldn't pay more than 1-2 months income of contracts. If theres equipment to buy, compare used to new. Do a search on this topic

burchfieldf
01-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks Mickman, This gives me a good place to start.

MMLawn
01-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Also unless you have them on Current Contracts that are transferable they are worthless to a buyer.

Simplytrees
01-17-2005, 04:00 PM
I don't think you can sell accounts. If you do who ever bought them is an idiot. Why buy when you can take for free with hopefully better quality work and it doesn't have to be an under cut of the others price. If their looking to get out then thats their deal, but don't ever pay for that.....

mickman
01-17-2005, 04:15 PM
I don't think you can sell accounts. If you do who ever bought them is an idiot. Why buy when you can take for free with hopefully better quality work and it doesn't have to be an under cut of the others price. If their looking to get out then thats their deal, but don't ever pay for that.....

Well, then I guess I'm an Idiot. So if someone was selling their accounts,
then you "act" like you were buying them, but really meeting they're clients, getting the prices, & then tell the seller, not interested, & then go steal the accounts for yourself. The lco's I bought got me into property's you can hardly get into {who ya know deal} I weed out the sheity ones and pick up more accounts. The lco's I bought didn't offer 1/2 the services my co offers