PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where to find some customized memo sheets?

walker-talker
01-18-2005, 11:32 AM
I have drawn up a memo sheet that has information on it so I can write down important information when a person calls for an estimate. For example...name, address, zip, phone...pretty much standard. I then will have a list of my services on one side and the other side I will have a list of different medias I use...fliers, postcards, newspaper ads, referals....etc. I have it all outlined, but I'll be damned if I can find a place that will do the size I am looking for (around 5" X 8"). I found sites that will do post-it notes...and that would work also, but most are fairly small.

Anyone have these made for themselves? Maybe I can scale down the font size and make the overall smaller.

Any help?
Thanks
Matt

Soupy
01-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Why can't you just print them yourself? You shouldn't need to print a whole bunch at a time.

dforbes
01-18-2005, 12:49 PM
kinkos does a custom stuff like this. i seems to me the size you are looking for you could put 2 per page and anyone could print them for you. just my thoughts
Dennis

gogetter
01-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Matt, did you check with NEBS? I know they do custom stuff.

Team Gopher
01-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi walker-talker,

the other side I will have a list of different medias I use...fliers, postcards, newspaper ads, referals....etc.

Is that to track your advertising?

shaughnessylawn
01-18-2005, 10:03 PM
are these for you our you clients

walker-talker
01-18-2005, 11:15 PM
are these for you our you clients
No....these are only for taking calls for estimates.

Hi walker-talker,
Is that to track your advertising?
That is one of the purposes, but it's also just to take general notes when the perspective client calls.

I could print these myself, but I would like them binded like a normal memo pad. I would like to have a few of them laying around so they will be handy to find one for whenever the phone rings. They will also be handy for my wife, it will have all the information there so that she knows what to ask for when they call.

Precision
01-20-2005, 12:04 AM
look up post it advertising or look up binders.

I did a search for that before and found lots of places, but I opted against my idea so I didn't keep the info.

My idea was to use post its as door hangers, just too expensive.

trimmerlineman
01-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Walker-talker are you still looking for these memo sheets? If so contact me and I think I have a easy solution to print them individually. I may have an idea on how to glue them together. Is there a way for you to draw a sketch for these sheets? If I could see more or less what you want the final thing to look like , I might be able to tell you how to do it yourself. :dizzy:

walker-talker
01-20-2005, 04:02 AM
My idea was to use post its as door hangers, just too expensive.not really...depends what you call expensive. At this link you can get 500 customized sheets for $23.95...size is 4" X 3"
http://www.design-a-pad.com/

I think this is a reasonable price.....and 500 would be enough to last me for 2 or 3 years...but I don't want the sticky stuff on there. I want to be able to stack them in a file and pull out later if I need to. Personally, I would pay the extra $15 and get the 4" X 6" sizes...if I go with the post it notes. Included is a .doc of what I would like on the sheet, more or less. I might have my logo printed at the top...just for grins and if does not cost extra. On the post it notes...it's all the same price.

trimmerlineman, basically I am just looking for a simple notepad, but customized with what I want printed on it. It's just a convenience for me...that's it. I use the Cambridge note pads now and like them because they are so cheap, but just looking for something to keep more organized and help the wife out should she take any messages for me.

walker-talker
01-20-2005, 10:54 AM
I found what I am looking for. It's so basic I just couldn't understand why I couldn't fine it on the internet. I called Office Depot and they said it would be $16.10 for 12 pads with 50 sheets per pad (600 sheets). They make them right in the store and can be picked up the next day.

I have my SOS (statement of service) forms being done by them. If you're wondering, these are the forms given to my pesticide customers after lawn treatments. If you're wondering (250) 2 part carbonless copies cost $50.99. Any, my point was they are due in tomorrow, so if I get the memo pad design to them today, I can pick up both tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help!
Matt

Lux Lawn
01-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Walker
I have been looking for something to keep my calls separate also,in the past I have used a not pad and just made different notes on what the customer wanted and by the time the page was half full it was a mess.I was going to try the not pad that say "while you were out" but not much room on there for info either.

trimmerlineman
01-20-2005, 01:29 PM
I suggest that you use a word processor, I personally use WordPerfect, but Word from Microsoft, or Lotus or just about any other decent wordprocessor should do this. Another step that you can use is a numbering labeling software. You can design the form and then just put those forms back in the printer and number them. With the software you can design just a few forms, believe me, your brightest idea, won't look that good after a few tries in the real world, and the next thing you want to do is either fine tune it, or re-design the whole thing. IT happens to everyone, as you progress you will find better, more efficient ways, better ways to extract and tract information and so on. That's way I suggest that you only do a few forms and see how it really performs. I think that you can glue them with contact cement, but if you have them numbered, I don't really see a major advantage in gluing. The alternative that I prefer is to have the numbered forms on a clip board, it is easier to write than on a paper pad, and if you are going to pull the forms why glue then on the first place. The numbering process permits you to see if any form is missing and therefore a prospective client is not being contacted. We buy blank paper from a mail order house supplier, the name is Quill. Get the least expensive paper ( less than $3.00 per 500 sheets letter size) and give it a go. I don't think that you can get anything less costly than that. After you refine the form and you are sure that you are satisfied with, ( don't rush to this conclusion because you will end up paying more times than you should) you will have the choice of going to a printer and order some quantity or simply keep on printing and fine tuning things as you may see fit. As we all know on of the constants in life, is change. I hope that this can be of some help to you. :dizzy:

walker-talker
01-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Ok....I scanned it and here it is. I didn't have time to take it to the printers today, but will do it tomorrow. I made it up in Excel, btw.

What do you think...should there be any information that you would add?

Lux Lawn
01-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Matt
It looks nice ,you did a good job.

dforbes
01-21-2005, 12:42 AM
looks really nice, also good to know the cost. I will be checking with them on some of my needs. My only question is do you use all of these forms of adverising or are you planing for future use.
Dennis

walker-talker
01-21-2005, 03:45 AM
My only question is do you use all of these forms of adverising or are you planing for future use.
Dennis
No...I don't use all those forms...I was basically just filling in space and using what I thought might be possible in the future. Actually I have used all forms, except the bottom 3. My revised edition I took those out and put in...business cards, shirts and I think I left billboard. That the reason I will order the fewest amount possible.....thing change a lot, especially with a growing business. Now that I think about it...I need to take out billboard and add "website"....forgot about that one. Then again, they had to get the web address from one of those medias.....ummm....I don't know then.

Soupy
01-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Ok....I scanned it and here it is. I didn't have time to take it to the printers today, but will do it tomorrow. I made it up in Excel, btw.

What do you think...should there be any information that you would add?

Billing address if different, and email address is two things you might want to add.

walker-talker
01-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Billing address if different, and email address is two things you might want to add.
Not a bad idea...should they accept the bid I would like to have both these items on file, but I think that would be more information than I need at the time of just giving an estimate. Thanks for the idea...I am off to the printers.

trimmerlineman
01-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Hi Matt
it looks like you are on to a good start, what you designed plus the additional suggestions should hold you for a little while. What I found that works is to put some sort of line through the clip board and to the pen, so these things don't "walk away". This way they are always there when the phone rings.
Now is time to "put it to the test" and see how well it works. Good luck!!!
Don :dizzy: