PDA

View Full Version : Drop deck trailer?

D Felix
01-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Who makes the trailers that the deck drops down to ground level? What I'm talking about is similiar to the Lawn Rabbit trailers that were posted a week or two ago, but without the dumping options.

I've tried a Google search, but all I'm coming up with are semi trailers.

Thanks!

Dan

D Felix
01-21-2005, 11:16 AM
No one can give me a name? Just a name is all I need, I can find out the rest.....

Dan

GreenMonster
01-21-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking, Dan.

Do you mean the skid steer type that hydraulically tilts down for loading?

D Felix
01-21-2005, 12:20 PM
No. Basically the whole bed drops horizontally and sits flat on the ground, then after the equipment, etc, is loaded, it is able to be raised back up for towing. There is no tilting involved.

I've seen *one* like this, but I don't know who makes them.

Dan

GreenMonster
01-21-2005, 12:23 PM
sorry, not sure who makes that.

Matter of fact, I still don't have any idea what you're talking about :p

D Felix
01-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Look for the "Lawn Rabbit" thread from a week or two ago. Follow the link. One of the trailers there drops down to the ground. That's what I'm talking about.

If I could find the d*mn things, I'd give you a link so you could see what I was talking about.:) It's the same concept as a low-boy semi trailer, but you don't have to unhook anything to load/unload. And you don't need ramps either.

Dan

GreenMonster
01-21-2005, 12:31 PM
It's the same concept as a low-boy semi trailer

that's the first thing I thought of. I'll look around

wroughtn_harv
01-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Look for the "Lawn Rabbit" thread from a week or two ago. Follow the link. One of the trailers there drops down to the ground. That's what I'm talking about.

If I could find the d*mn things, I'd give you a link so you could see what I was talking about.:) It's the same concept as a low-boy semi trailer, but you don't have to unhook anything to load/unload. And you don't need ramps either.

Dan

He's talking about a trailer where the spindles holding the wheels fold up lowering the deck to the ground. Home Depot has them for their scissor lift rentals.

There used to be a company in north Texas that sold a sliding axle trailer that was pretty slick. It appears you set the brakes on the trailer and then pulled a pin, probably like a sliding axle assembly on big rigs. Then when you backed up the wheels stayed still and the bed slid off of them giving you a long slow ramp for loading and unloading.

I'm sure the capacity of those kinds of trailers are limited due to their complexity. And the cost is substantially more for the same reason.

lamarbur
01-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Harv
nice to see you joined here,, your welding experience I'm sure they will all enjoy.. Lot different forum than the others,, Now you know where I've been hiding lately

Rotor-Man
01-21-2005, 02:35 PM
They are made by JLG. Put JLG in Google and go to their website. Pretty slick and very expensive also, priced one out for my pipe puller on a 6 x 10, and it was about $5700! I'll keep what I have and use my ramps for that kind of money!

D Felix
01-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll take a look.

I'm not sure whether one will be of use for us, but they are certainly worth looking into.

Dan

D Felix
01-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Here ya' go Mark-
http://www.jlg.com/default.asp
Click on the "Triple-L" on the left side.

Dan