PDA

View Full Version : DuPont and Chemlawn

bob
01-28-2001, 10:34 PM
My daughter does office work for True Green-Chemlawn. She says that when they spray DuPont sites, the word "Chemlawn" must not appear on the truck. Chemlawn employees also must go through DuPont training before any work is done.

HOMER
01-29-2001, 06:15 AM
How many folks on here have to deal with Chemlawn? I have never seen them where I'm from. I guess the smaller markets DO have an advantage.

sunrise
01-29-2001, 07:15 AM
I do. I do sub work for them sometimes. But if a customer calls and tells you that they use them but wants a change price doen't matter they will go with you

JB1
01-29-2001, 08:24 AM
we do work for dupont you watch a 15 minute tape just to go 100 feet to the office, we had to go through a 4 hour orentation class before any work is done and when we go into certain areas we go through another hour or two class before work in that area. safety is the number 1 concearn. helmets , glasses, face shields, steel shoes, nomex coveralls. lots of safety meetings and paperwork.

bucktail
01-29-2001, 08:39 AM
i see them constantly and even service some of our lawns doesnt really bother me (i hate chemicals) however they are starting to take an aggresive approach with their maintanence division trying to landscape,mow,ect.. this does bother me all i can say is that even in this line of work we have to beware of the wallmarts. corporations on this scale provide services to numbers not people and i think thats s***.