PDA

View Full Version : Licensing Test difficult?

jaredslawncare
01-18-2005, 09:07 PM
I was wondering if anyone here that has taken the pesticide licensing test for Indiana would have some pointers about what type of material is tested, and overall how difficult it is. I ordered the study book and have been studying like heck but would like some information as to what I can expect on the test? Thanks

KathysLGC
01-19-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm taking a class now and will test in March. They said the test is multiple choice with some questions having more than one answer. I think is you already know about insects and disease you'll have an advantage. I don't know any of it so i'm finding it a bit difficult.

Soupy
01-19-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm taking a class now and will test in March. They said the test is multiple choice with some questions having more than one answer. I think is you already know about insects and disease you'll have an advantage. I don't know any of it so i'm finding it a bit difficult.

I have a friend that works for the state of IL. He claims that all government test that have "all of the above" or "none of the above" as a choice is the correct answer. I don't know how true this is, but he claims it to be fact.

westwind
01-19-2005, 11:33 AM
i have taken the test in minnesota, and with proper studying i found the test to be fairly simple. multiple choice, need 75% correct to get cert.

KathysLGC
01-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Not sure about IL but here they said if you pass the writen exam you go onto a verbal exam.

jaredslawncare
01-19-2005, 05:29 PM
I guess what Im asking is are most of the questions about particular pests or diseases, or pesticide law, techniques etc. Thanks

rraider
01-19-2005, 06:01 PM
No it's not that tough.. Core is pretty general, the categories are harder. I would recommend taking the classes before the test. If you take the class you will pass the core.. I took 3a and 3b and you need to study for those. There is some math and I.D. on both.

jaredslawncare
01-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Well I took the 3b test yesterday, I passed, Now I have to take the Core exam on Feb. 10 then Have to go to a seminar in March then I will be licensed, my only problem is if i should bid and explain to commercial clients that I still have to pass my licensing test?

teeca
01-28-2005, 01:53 PM
you took the 3b first? i thought you needed the core first then work under a 3b for 90 days, before you can be a 3b. unless you take the course at purdue, then they wave the 90 day rule.

chimmygew
01-28-2005, 03:18 PM
I took the 2 day traing at Purdue and then took the 3b and core at the same time. They aren't that tough. Just highlight what you think is important in the book and study that. That is how I prepared for it. They give you all the math equations at the test site to refer to.