PDA

View Full Version : Street Listing by town ???

Lawnchoice
01-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know of a website that will allow you to search by town and get a street listing? I don't care about house listings, just the streets.

Thanks,

derek1
01-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Check your local county or city websites they should have all the information there are check the reference books at the library.

Lawnchoice
01-19-2005, 12:53 PM
No help from the local website, they just don't exist.

I did find a site that listed maps by tax rate, etc. Hard to manipulate though.

walker-talker
01-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Many phonebooks will have a map of the city and surrounding towns. In our phonebook they have a map of our city and divides it by zipcode, which I have found extremely helpful.

Lawnchoice
01-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Really looking for soft copy format so I can easily turn it into labels and inport into .xls

tinman
01-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Reversephonedirectory.com

Southwest Lawns
01-19-2005, 11:57 PM
I use mapopolic.com great program...

grass-scapes
01-20-2005, 11:39 PM
go to your public library and ask for a city directory. it lists every single address in town, who owns it, how long, phone numbers, etc. Very useful. Make copies of streets you'd like to hit, and mail flyers to them....since it gives names, you could address it directly to homeowner. and just in case the resident is not the owner (renter) you could address to Mr...blah blah, or current resident.

Lawnchoice
01-20-2005, 11:42 PM
I really wanted to have it online so I can search, pull what I want and manipulate the data that way.

I did find some great information from my county website. Everything no more than a year old.

Thanks for all the comments.

grass-scapes
01-21-2005, 12:02 AM
If the average joe could do that, then the people who sell mailing lists would be out of work. I wish I could find a way to do what you want as easy as you want, but trust me, Ive tried for years now. its either the city directory for me or buy a mailing list.

Lawnchoice
01-21-2005, 12:06 AM
I am really talking just the street name.

I found a nice map that listed every street on it, blew it up and inputted the names into an Excel document. Once these were done, I went to whitepages.com and plugged in a reverse lookup on the street giving me all of the customers of the phone company that are listed.

Cut-paste into .xls
Sending to a postcard printing place so they can print on the postcard and mail for me.

Working out great so far.

1000 names in the database.