PDA

View Full Version : file help, 48HOURPRINT.COM, thanks

ampeg76
01-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey guys,

Based on the good feedback on this site I was going to use 48HOURPRINT.COM for my door hangers and business cards. I have already downloaded the templates for photoshop. The problem is I have no experience in photoshop, so I saved the templates as jpegs and loaded the images into a new msword document. After finishing up I cut the finished product and saved that as a jpeg. Is this exceptable for them? If not how does everyone go about using the templates. Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Mike

NickN
01-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Depends on what you're looking for.If you want a high quality(think magazine or professional brochure) image,then MSWord is not going to cut it.
You'll need to create your hanger at 300dpi,sized for the hanger,and in an .ai file or .psd or even .gif.
300 dots per inch will create an image that is clear and sharp.JPEG images are compressed images,mainly for something like a webpage,where you don't necessarily need high resolution.
If you're looking to just create a basic hanger and not worry about it looking "professionally" created,they can probably use what you have.Keep in mind when it's printed it will be more grainy than one created in Photoshop or Illustrator.
Another easy way is to contact Gopher and have them create it for you.Well worth the money considering the time and frustration saved.

Smithers
01-19-2005, 08:06 PM
i dont know photoshop very well....but give them a call, or another place, some of them would be happy to help you put it together. especially if you know what you want alreadyl

Grass Gator
01-19-2005, 08:13 PM
I used Microsoft Publisher then saved it as a JPEG file. We you "save as" in Publisher you can select JPEG and change it to 300dpi. This is what I did, then forwarded to 48hourprint and they turned out great. Very happy with it.

N.H.BOY
01-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Has anyone used 48hourprint mailing lists?? Since we are talking about 48hour,thought I"d ask. Thanks

tonygreek
01-19-2005, 11:17 PM
from a quality standpoint, no no no no no that will not cut it. you need high resolution work for 4 color process as any deterioration in quality of your work will show up worse. if you don't mind, post some specifics as to what you are trying to do and we'll see if we can help you.

which templates are you using? the only one's i've ever paid any attention to were the layout guides, which are just that. they are sizing guides so you know what area to design in to, and where bleeds cut off, etc.

tony

ampeg76
01-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the replies,

I emailed 48 and they called the house within 10 minutes, wow that was not expected. Anyways after talking with the tech guy for a few he got me up to speed. I am now ready to conquer photoshop ha ha. These guys seem to be pretty cool and will up date yall(yep from Texas) when they come back from the print shop. I'll post a few pics on here.

Thanks and Cheers
Mike