PDA

View Full Version : If you were looking for...

Groundcover Solutions
01-20-2005, 12:25 AM
If you guys were looking for a mulch blowing co. where would you look? I just don't know if the yellow pages are worth it for my industry. There realy is not even a section that I would fit well in. I was thinking a trade magazine would work better IE the one in michigan is the landsculptor, I know another blower co. has ads in it. I am just trying to get some more ideas. I do alot of direct mail and cold calls with limmited response. Pluse when we get in the busy season I just don't have time to create letters or advertisments and it would just be good to hame some continual advertising out. So if you have any suggestions lay them on me I am open to anything. No idea is a bad idea when you are brain storming so let me have it!!!

Lawnchoice
01-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Newspaper? I know it might seem like a cheap way to go about it, but homeowners and LCO's are constantly reading up in there seeing what is going on locally.

You could also speak with your phone book rep and have them add a new section for you? ?

Trade mags are a way to go as well. You will find that it costs quite a bit for an ad in those though.

Great blower setup BTW!

Groundcover Solutions
01-20-2005, 12:50 AM
Thanks for both the info and the complaments... Keep it coming

Metro Lawn
01-20-2005, 02:22 AM
I don't think the general public really knows much about your type of business. I think I would target (direct mail) the smaller landscaping companies and try to pick up work from them. We do spraying and salting for other companies that can't or just don't do it themselves.

walker-talker
01-20-2005, 06:37 AM
I think the best route would be to contract out to commercials. That way every couple years you do the work. Get a large client base and you're good to go. Maybe you already do that. Froma customer's point of view, I think they would call a landscaper out of the YP before anyone.

Groundcover Solutions
01-20-2005, 12:13 PM
I guss I should have explaned a little better. I am trying to reach the medium to large landscape co. in my area. We do not do much residental work and we do not advertise to that area much. the only residental work we do is from people who saw us working and call. We have a contract with the major landscaping co. in our area but I would like to branch out more to other landscapers. I have done direct mail to a bunch and then a fallow up call. I have gotten limited interest. I get alot of people who don't want to sub out. It is hard trying to convay that there can be alot of money made by taking on larger mulching jobs or pushing mulch more than you normaly would. Also for the people who are looking for this kind of service or who are just looking around. I just wonder where you (as landscaper) would look. I know a good amount of landcapers have not seen this type of work.

Groundcover Solutions
01-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Hey metro...
I have not heard back from you in a little bit about the trailer. I am still interested if you could email me! I am off to Vail CO. on friday so just hopeing to talk to you before then. I will have limited access to the internet so I will check the forums and email a few times. Yeah i can't even get away from this site even on vacation!!! LOL

Lux Lawn
01-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Ground Cover
Great question I needed a company to do a job for me a couple of years ago and could not find anybody in the Cleveland area to do it.I agree with what Metro said contact the landscape company's in your area send them some info on your service and if there is a way you can both make money off a job maybe the can help.

scottt
01-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Try leaving your cards or brochures at equipment dealers and nurseries. I have seen a company in my area with a small unit, but couldn't find any way of contacting them.

out4now
01-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Like already said make a deal with the nurseries. If you're doing mainly sub-contract jobs and not resi. then yelow page would be where I'd be looking if I was looking for someone. Also Yahoo local.

cklands
01-20-2005, 05:42 PM
I agree with the thought that there are not many people out there that even knon what a mulch blower is. I would say try running a large add in the most read papers in your area. In the yellow pages I would think about running my add on one of the inside covers.
I wish there was a place where we could find phone numbers to reach you guys. I am bidding on a few large condo props for the spring 70yrds, 40yrds, and another 40 yrds are the biggest ones. I would like to see the cost difference in doing it myself or subbing it out.

Groundcover Solutions
01-20-2005, 05:52 PM
there is a web site that connects blower co. with landscapers... I belive it is mulchblowing.com just type in the info and the blower co. closest to you should contact you soon.