PDA

View Full Version : Walmart selling Snapper

jsteveharris
01-29-2001, 09:44 AM
I have heard that Walmart is going to start selling Snapper mowers and parts. To me, this sounds like a kick in the face to Snapper. Has anyone else heard about this?

HOMER
01-29-2001, 09:51 AM
Sounds like a kick in the pants to me, I'm sure they will increase their sales by doing this. I doubt seriously they will sell any commercial equipment though.

Davis TLC
01-29-2001, 09:57 AM
It doesn't suprise me. Maybe their deal with Murray wasn't renewed. Most Walmarts in my area sell tons of Murray mowers, which most of the low price cutters use.

65hoss
01-29-2001, 01:24 PM
I heard about it last year, seems it is a way to sell more. Snapper was having hard times because of lack of interest.

Mark
01-29-2001, 02:32 PM
This is nothing new. Lowes sells toros, but they don't sell any parts or blades for my 21" Proline. I sure this will be just for homeowners. They won't sell commercial walkbehinds. I priced a 36" Snapper walkbehind the other day with 14hp Kaw was 4200. Don't think Walmart would even want this end of the business. IM getting ready to trade a scag 52 on another Snapper. Hydro with the 17 Kaw, or 18 Vangard.

Scott Campbell
01-29-2001, 02:46 PM
Spoke with an Exmark dealer a couple of weeks ago, and he said that Wal-Mart would be carrying some Snappers. Like has been said though, he didn't feel that any of the commercial lines would be involved. Just like a Lowe's, or Home Depot set-up. Selling the lower end residential equipment only.

But, things change. So you never know....

lawman
01-29-2001, 03:06 PM
Buy Junk and you are going to get junk. Homeowner line will never keep up with my com. Snapper

lakegastonla
01-29-2001, 03:40 PM
You guys must be talking about the riding mowers. The push mowers are solid. I have 2 with the Kawasaki 5hp motors and they are really built well.

Davis TLC
01-29-2001, 03:44 PM
You sure won't have to worry about getting service on your Snapper at Walmart. They don't have a clue. I can see someone going into the Walmart we have here looking for a blade or something that simple. If the salesperson doesn't know what it is, their response is "It is out of season". That one response gets my blood boiling, especially when it is the middle of summer.

Oh, I don't buy blades at Walmart. About the only thing I buy there is hoses and hose ends when they break.

Indiana
01-29-2001, 06:11 PM
I had a residential grade Snapper rear engine rider.

JUNK!!!!!!!!!! JUNK!!!!!!!!!!

I kept it two months and traded it for a commercial walk behind. I heard that Walmart is going to sell the residential stuff. Good for them. Maybe that will help Walmart to loose their shirt on this deal.

I am not a Walmart fan. Too Big and they don't care.

I have had a Snapper self propelled 21" and it seems pretty good. I didn't buy it though. I was testing it for a special bank situation. Made my big walk behind do it better and faster.