PDA

View Full Version : fungicide prices

bobbygedd
01-20-2005, 10:16 PM
making a new price list. what are you charging to apply granular fungicide per thousand sq ft. one price for preventative, and one price for curative. thanks

marko
01-21-2005, 08:52 AM
Hey Bobby. I offered the service one year (promoted it) and found it was a lot of effort for the payoff. I used liquid but with the number of applications to get control (up to 4 at times) and the cost, I only had one take it (on a customer base of 200). Now granted this was Burlington, IA and probably NOT the highest community with disposable income. I had taken over a business that had believed more nitrogen was better and this is what caused some of my fungus problems. I would get pricing for the major fungicides to handle the big ones and be prepared with the info to quote. I bet most will hope it goes away before too much damage occures after they see the price. Its kinda like grub control. They never want it till its too late and then its expensive to deal with.

bobbygedd
01-21-2005, 10:19 AM
i'm kickin around $15 per thousand, for each app. i have maybe 5 that need preventative, and two that always request it for thier dollar spot and red thread. i'm expanding this year, so i'll see what develops

Green Dreams
01-21-2005, 10:29 AM
I charge 1 1/2 times regular app price myself. My main fungi pords are Heritage and Prostar. These run around $5 per K ft2...

Ric
01-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Bobby

No need for Fungicide. Just apply extra heavy Nitrogen and water just after dark.

bobbygedd
01-21-2005, 10:17 PM
thanks ric, i'll try it.

Ric
01-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Bobby

A 60 second reply and close to 7,000 posts??? Wow Glad your not bored.

KCLandscape
01-22-2005, 12:35 AM
I cant wait to meet Ric in person someday.
We will be coming to Disney within 3 years or so...
Oh yea, around $15/1000

Green Dreams
01-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah...Ric needs his own booth at the GIE in November. You'd be worth the trip, sir.

Ric
01-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah...Ric needs his own booth at the GIE in November. You'd be worth the trip, sir.

Thank You Green Dreams

But I only give Proprietary Advice like the above to my good buddies, like Bobby. BTW Bobby add Sahara to you tank mix and you won't have any weeds.

qps
01-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Thank You Green Dreams

But I only give Proprietary Advice like the above to my good buddies, like Bobby. BTW Bobby add Sahara to you tank mix and you won't have any weeds.

Or customers :)

Ric
01-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Or customers :)

QPS

Interesting you should post this today. Just yesterday afternoon a guy got me for the second time. Big House with A Rolls and Lamborghini in the garage and the Everyday Humber in the drive way. Nice yard but over watered and not enough fertilizer.

Played the I am unhappy with the present service routine and what would you do different. After he picked my brain for an hour, "send me a written estimate". Then he reached in his pocket and turned off the tape recorder.

I should be ashamed to tell this, since he did it to me once before about three years ago but I didn't see a tape record that time.

About two years ago right after a heavy rain storm an other guy called me up. He wanted to thank me because his yard had drained quickly after the rain storm. Yes he had El-scrub-O do the job just like I told him I would do the job. He followed my ideas to the Tee and they worked. I told him I could cerebrate My College degree tonight because of his kind words. After all knowledge is free. It went over his cheap head.

These are the type of people who will buy a snowblower from Home Cheapo this week, plow there driveway and return it next week.

qps
01-23-2005, 06:29 PM
QPS

Interesting you should post this today. Just yesterday afternoon a guy got me for the second time. Big House with A Rolls and Lamborghini in the garage and the Everyday Humber in the drive way. Nice yard but over watered and not enough fertilizer.

Played the I am unhappy with the present service routine and what would you do different. After he picked my brain for an hour, "send me a written estimate". Then he reached in his pocket and turned off the tape recorder.

I should be ashamed to tell this, since he did it to me once before about three years ago but I didn't see a tape record that time.

About two years ago right after a heavy rain storm an other guy called me up. He wanted to thank me because his yard had drained quickly after the rain storm. Yes he had El-scrub-O do the job just like I told him I would do the job. He followed my ideas to the Tee and they worked. I told him I could cerebrate My College degree tonight because of his kind words. After all knowledge is free. It went over his cheap head.

These are the type of people who will buy a snowblower from Home Cheapo this week, plow there driveway and return it next week.

Exactly, I got a letter in the mail from a customer of several years, basically it said he was going with another company that offed irrigation services also and hoped they could take him to the "next level" no complaints ever, I'm lost but I wish him good luck.

SodKing
01-23-2005, 07:05 PM
QPS

Water balloons with round up inside are exactly what this chap needs.

YardPro
01-23-2005, 07:54 PM
not roundup

Pramitol (spelling?)

Ric
01-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Water balloons with round up inside are exactly what this chap needs.

SodKing

RoundUp Water Balloons Is Totally the wrong approach because they do not target the real problem. It is the morals of this society that is the root of the evil. These bad morals are Exacerbated by Corporate America and there discount marketing approach. It is the Dog Eat Dog world that we now live in. It is the FreeBie that everyone is after.

Now If ABC company is repairing Do-things in your neighborhood. You approach the Tech who is driving the Company truck and being paid by the company and ask him to do work for you on the side after hours. You are in fact asking him to steal a customer from his company. If he accepts that side job then he is stealing that customer and is a thief. Yet it happens everyday. I have had customer call and ask to talk to employees, They wanted to hire them after hour or on the week end to do work and cut the company out of the fair profit. Now as a general rule that tech steals the supplies to do the job and even uses the company tools causing more lost assets to the company. The company then raises prices to make up for their loses and more customer start asking the techs to do side work instead of being honest.

Neal Wolbert
01-25-2005, 03:11 AM
Bobby, I think $10-$12 /1000 sq. ft. over the cost of your product would be fair if you are custom mixing and don't have to travel too far. Sound reasonable? Neal

bobbygedd
01-25-2005, 07:51 AM
Bobby, I think $10-$12 /1000 sq. ft. over the cost of your product would be fair if you are custom mixing and don't have to travel too far. Sound reasonable? Neal
$10-$12 over sounds great. but, with a minimum. the reason is, fung is not like weed control, we don't do alot of them.

Neal Wolbert
01-26-2005, 03:44 AM
bobby, Of course a minimum charge is in order, good point. Do you consider mileage in your minimum pricing? BTW turf fungus is a big deal in the Northwest. Right now it is Fusarium Patch city here. Preventive treatments in Oct. and Dec. do the trick. Without them lawns here look like Ric was dropping zillions of R.U. filled 3" balloons from his Black Hawk as he flew over our fair city :p Neal