PDA

View Full Version : Registering the name

gglawns
01-20-2005, 10:21 PM
I live in Omaha, NE and I don't need a business license according to the state. I was wondering if anyone in Omaha could tell me what they did and how. The steps you took. Anything would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

PLM-1
01-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Mine was sorta like this in Joplin, MO. I didn't have to have a business license and registering my business name was optional. I found it strange but less work for me!

Green-Pro
01-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Not sure on NEB. but in Iowa as long as you are a sole proprietor you don't need one. To incorporate (sub-s, LLC) you need to file articles of organization or articles of incorporation. State then checks to see if anyone else has your name, if not you are in business, so to speak.

:waving:

Good Luck

Geoff

Team Gopher
01-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi gglawns,

Made this info will help.

NEBRASKA BUSINESS LICENSE SOURCES

STATE AND FEDERAL LICENSING AGENCIES
INCORPORATION AND NAME/TRADEMARK REGISTRATION

The Secretary of State's office registers corporations, foreign corporations, limited partnerships, out-of-state corporations doing business in Nebraska, trade names, trademarks, and service marks.

To register a Nebraska tradename, first write/fax the Secretary of State to check whether the name is available. Once you receive confirmation that the name IS available, submit the application form, along with the filing fee of $100 or register Nebraska trade names, trademarks, and corporation names, contact:

Nebraska Secretary of State
P.O. Box 94608
State Capitol, Suite 2300
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-1608

Corporation Division -- Trademark/name availability check --> FAX: (402) 471-3666
Rules and Regulations (402) 471-2385