PDA

View Full Version : The time finally came!

CaptainDing
01-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Well all my friends...it's official, started my lawn business two days ago after finally getting everything in line. Got the business license, liability insurance and a customer..possibly two more real soon. Made sure I had the license and the liability before I started up because I wanted to do everything right and not run into problems later....and I also knew if I wasn't legal, I sure would hear it here on this site. It's part time right now because I still have three years left to retire. By then hopefully I will have a good hand on the business by then. Just wanted something to do when I retire to keep me busy....and NO I won't be cutting under your prices just to get the work for all those that think part timers are scrubs. I have learned a lot from this site and I could spend all night listing names but I don't have enough time to write so long. I do however, want to thank Steve from "Fantasy Lawns", Jeff from "Chisolm Trail Landscape", and Dick. Just going to do residential for right now until I get the experience. 99% of the lawns around me are 80x125. I have been talking with Gary from Better Outdoor products and made the leap into one of the new Quick 36 Superduty's. It's new for 2005 and now has the 16hp. Can't wait till it gets here. Anyway's thanks again to all of you, even the ones that ***** about the stupidest things...even learned from them. Well wish me luck and take care to all of you....Ding

vanguard
01-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Congrats Capt. :)
I'm in the same boat as you (first year full time) and am also going for the Super duty 36. Can't wait for the grass to turn green and getting Busy!! payup So I Can pay for the Quick!

Green-Pro
01-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Congrats captain and good luck, I'm running my tail off now trying to pull everything together. My wife says sometimes I go at stuff like I'm killin snakes LOL. Man I gotta learn to relax.................. :help: :p

-Geoff

Wells
01-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Good Luck Captain Ding.
I think you did the right thing by doing your research, taking your time, and starting up legit.

Theres allot of new members on the board right now getting ready to start up this year and the truth is most of them will not be in business anymore at the end of the season.

After reading several of your posts I think you have done the research, know what your getting into and you should be very successfull.

Again good luck with your business this year.
I'll be looking for you in the fall.

CaptainDing
01-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks Wells! I knew that if I didn't do it right then there is surely to be problems down the road for sure...at least I have eliminated the two most important. I'm sure as everyone has, there will be problems to work through but not everything in life is a walk in the park anyways. I have sure learned a lot from this site and am thankful! I'm going to take it slow and learn instead of going like a blind idiot, may work sometimes for others but I have always studied and planned before I ever jumped into anything. Anyway..Thanks!

andersonmowing23
01-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Good Luck with Everything Captain, Its alot easier to start up the right way then try and fix it later. Keep us all posted on how you like your better quick 36, I know alot of us are interested in those, I know I am really going to consider adding one of those mowers for fences and backyards.

scaglawnsnj
01-26-2005, 10:26 AM
wow you have a wooping 3 customers,and pay general liability,tax,insuence
buisness liecence..and no mowers whats wrong here
better quick 36 will last a year if lucky
36scag will last 10yrs for 3000.00 you mit have to buy a motor after 4yrs
is that a wise investment DING DING I SPENT MY CHIG CHIG ON CRAP
:waving:

Lawnchoice
01-26-2005, 10:31 AM
GMJ - is your company even incorporated?

Stop talking trash to everyone please.

scaglawnsnj
01-26-2005, 10:54 AM
no this is my user name
inc is what i'll be in future
but no inc is not for me
at this time

Lawnchoice
01-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the clarification

Green-Pro
01-26-2005, 11:23 AM
gmj lawns inc wow you have a wooping 3 customers,and pay general liability,tax,insuence

Would change my name to Richard Cranium Inc. if I were you.

:D

Quit p!$$ing on the guys cheerios

Geoff

andersonmowing23
01-26-2005, 11:41 AM
There is really no reason to be talking trash, We are all here to help each other, And about the quick mower I have heard alot of good things about it, He is just starting out he is not going to be mowing 30 yards in a day, I think the quick was a very good decision, If you read his posts you can tell that he has done his research.

Garth
01-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Meallagh Naidheachd Captain!! ( Congratulations in Scots Gaelic)-Garth

nitrotim
01-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Well all my friends...it's official, started my lawn business two days ago after finally getting everything in line. Got the business license, liability insurance and a customer..possibly two more real soon. Made sure I had the license and the liability before I started up because I wanted to do everything right and not run into problems later....and I also knew if I wasn't legal, I sure would hear it here on this site. It's part time right now because I still have three years left to retire. By then hopefully I will have a good hand on the business by then. Just wanted something to do when I retire to keep me busy....and NO I won't be cutting under your prices just to get the work for all those that think part timers are scrubs. I have learned a lot from this site and I could spend all night listing names but I don't have enough time to write so long. I do however, want to thank Steve from "Fantasy Lawns", Jeff from "Chisolm Trail Landscape", and Dick. Just going to do residential for right now until I get the experience. 99% of the lawns around me are 80x125. I have been talking with Gary from Better Outdoor products and made the leap into one of the new Quick 36 Superduty's. It's new for 2005 and now has the 16hp. Can't wait till it gets here. Anyway's thanks again to all of you, even the ones that ***** about the stupidest things...even learned from them. Well wish me luck and take care to all of you....Ding

Good luck and don't worry about any naysayers. I too retired two years ago from a governmenet job and have doing this part time since then.. This will be my first year full time. Don't worry about opinions about what equipment you have. you go with whats right for you. May you have great year.

nitrotim
01-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Oh and GMJ your 21 years old son what would you know about a 10 year old scag. You would be 11 when it came out you probably wouldn't be able to reach the controls then. I like how you perpetrate a fraud by calling yourself gmj inc when you probably don't know the first thing about being incorporated. You probably don't have insurance and are putting someone down because he does. Why don't you work in the real world for about 20 to 30 years before you cast opinions about someone else. :angry: :angry: :angry:

CaptainDing
01-27-2005, 05:17 PM
I knew it would just be a matter of time before some idiot had something to say. I have always noticed that since first coming to this site. It doesn't bother me in the least though because I know not everyone in life is always happy, there's always someone with a chip on their shoulder for something. All in all this site is a great place to learn even though there will always be idiots lurking just to say their two sense. We all had to start somewhere and we all had to learn somehow....why this idiot is dogging me for trying to do right is beyond me. It's so easy to criticize over the keyboard....face to face they run like a two year old. I'll be more than happy to give you the directions to Florida but I'm sure you will just resort to your keyboard....Ding

For everyone else....Thanks again!

Lawnchoice
01-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Oh and GMJ your 21 years old son what would you know about a 10 year old scag. You would be 11 when it came out you probably wouldn't be able to reach the controls then. I like how you perpetrate a fraud by calling yourself gmj inc when you probably don't know the first thing about being incorporated. You probably don't have insurance and are putting someone down because he does. Why don't you work in the real world for about 20 to 30 years before you cast opinions about someone else. :angry: :angry: :angry:

You can search the business registry in NJ and find that he isn't even registered there !

We don't need crap like this on the site.

Ding - congrats on this years venture. I wish you the best of luck.

Lux Lawn
01-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Ding
Good luck with the new business hope everything works out well for you.It sounds like you got everything under control as far as the legal part goes if you ever need anything just ask.