PDA

View Full Version : Lazer HP

Mike Felices
01-29-2001, 02:32 PM
I was originally going to buy a Walker, but all of my customers have agreed to let me mulch. Since I contacted Ex-mark and recieved their pamphlet's on mulching some people asked me to mulch, even though last season they wanted everything bagged. Anyway, my question is which model to get. The 48" with a 21hp Kawasaki, or the 52" with the 23hp Kawasaki?

John DiMartino
01-29-2001, 02:44 PM
Id get the biggest thatwill fit on your propertys,if you can get a 60 on there,that would be the best.A 60 holds hills much better and will shave more time off your busy day,time is money,so the added up front costs will be quickly saved with reduced hrs both in lablr and on the machine,for the same job done.With your options,Id get the 52-but the 60 will do more work for about the same cost per hour.Other than gates,and who has a 54" gate,the 60 will go anywhere the 52 can,and do hills even better.Good luck,

Island Lawn
01-29-2001, 02:57 PM
Just wanted to say good luck with your purchase!

[Edited by Island Lawn on 01-29-2001 at 03:12 PM]

little green guy
01-29-2001, 04:17 PM
I would also buy a 60" if you can, but if you realy think the 60" is to big get the 52"hp with the 23 kawi, the ground speed on the 52" is 9.5 and the 48" is only 8.1 so with the 52" deck and high ground speed you will be more productive.

Mark
01-29-2001, 04:56 PM
If you can get a 52" on there ,i bet you can also get a 60 only 8" difference. Bigger is Better Marks Mowing Service

65hoss
01-30-2001, 12:50 PM
I have the 52" HP and I love it. If you want the HP model, the 52" is the biggest. 60" comes in Lazar only. Which one you want is up to you. I chose the HP because I couldn't get the ultra vac for the Lazar. In a month or so that will not be an issue anymore.

Mike Felices
01-30-2001, 04:10 PM
So you know for next time Lazer is spelt with a E not an A.

Cutter1
01-30-2001, 04:13 PM
I have a 52 Laser HP. I like it a lot. I went with the smaller deck size because its easier to use on residentials and I could use the vac with it, but like 65hoss said, the bigger vac unit is coming out soon.

Also I wanted one with a Kaw engine on it!! THe 23 Kaw runs great and has a lot of power, in my opinion more than the 25 Kohler.

Lawnworks
01-30-2001, 06:24 PM
Bigger is better! I would definately get the 52 or the 60. The both have a higher ground speed.

65hoss
01-30-2001, 06:46 PM
Mike,
So my fingers work faster than my mind sometimes, don't harass people over honest mistakes. I happen to type almost 60 words per min. so sometimes spelling mistakes happen.

toddman35
01-30-2001, 08:23 PM
a study was done a while back, and it showed that the 23 kawi had more torque than the 25 kohler. i believe you can now get a 23 kawi on a 60" lazer. If you can fit the 60" on your properties, u should. a reason that you might not would be if the trees were to close together or other obsticles.

little green guy
01-30-2001, 11:51 PM
Mike,
do you want advice or are you just going to sit there and critique our spelling? who cares if lazer is spelt with a w, it dosn't realy matter. The guy took his time to reply to your post so don't give him a hard time cause he typed one wrong letter, i'm sure he know's how to spell.

Mike Felices
01-31-2001, 11:15 AM
You guys better quit givingme all of this crap. I do appreciate that he replied ot my post, but was just bringing it to his attention. I know that I even make spelling errors, when trying to type fast.

Mike Felices
01-31-2001, 11:18 AM
If you don't mind answering this now. What are the best cutting heights for the Lazer on fescue and Bermuda grass? I will be running the mower with a mulch kit, if that makes any difference.

Cleve
01-31-2001, 07:34 PM
Mike. Enjoyed talking to your the other day. It is nice to talk to somebody that has done that much shopping regards a piece of equipment.
After reading your post regards changing your mind about the Walker, I noticed that one of the main reasons was that you are going to mulch.
I think that before you make the final decision you might consider what happens when the grass gets a little too high to mulch? And that is going to happen if any of your customers have you wait a little longer or a change in the weather keeps you from your regular schedule.
No matter what anyone says, you can't do a good mulching job on tall grass. Maybe after cutting it two or three times you might get it to look presentable.
Otherwise, are you and "all" your customers going to be satisfied with mulching or discharging the grass? And don't forget about those leaves in the fall.
Just something to think about.
Cleve....