PDA

View Full Version : Pics of our 2004 Isuzu

Shadetree Ltd
01-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Here is our 2004 GMC W4500 (the Isuzu's are labelled GMC in Canada for some reason, I do not know what this is badged in the US)
The tool box is 5' front to back and the dump is 9'. The truck was new in September 04.

Scott

ksland
01-22-2005, 03:16 PM
There are Isuzus and GMC's in US too. They are the same animal but sold as GMC or Isuzu. Nice truck!

cleancutccl
01-22-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm guessing that is your lawn maintenance truck? What is the load rating on a truck like that?

coastallandscapesolutions
01-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Nice looking rig. Couple of questions. How do you like that Knapheide bed? How about a picture of the inside stroage?

Thanks,

Brian

i_plant_art
01-22-2005, 05:14 PM
nice truck i also am curious to see the inside of the storage and to know they payload of the truck. also curious to know how it performs when loaded down. good looking truck.

Shadetree Ltd
01-23-2005, 06:04 AM
The W4500 series has a GVW of 6577 kilograms (14,500 pounds). The truck empty weighs approx. 4100 kgs (9050 lbs) leaving me with a payload of 2477 kgs (5450 lbs). The truck has the 4 cylinder diesel/auto and it drives great, right up to its max weight. It towed our 18' enclosed with 2 lazers, 1 walkbehind and other equipment fine. I have not towed the Bobcat with it yet. The truck on a steep incline does slow down a bit but nothing I mind. The mileage is pretty good (haven't converted numbers).

I have no pictures of the inside yet because we are still trying to figure out the best method of storage. This truck services our smaller sites and has a 36" walk behind, 2 21" mowers, 2 line trimmers and 2 blowers in it.

The Knapheide box has been good so far. It is not meant for hardscaping or heavy material delivery on a regular basis. For maintenance it is great. Depending on the weight, the box holds over 8 yards of debris. If I were to get another I would make sure that all seams are completely welded and not spot welded. I am sure my spot welds will hold, but I would prefer full seams. The tailgate and side door are way more useful than I ever thought they would be, and the pull tarp was money well spent.

All in all I am very happy. The truck cost less than a conventional cab and chassis, gets great mileage and everybody loves driving it. The turning radius is way better than a regular cab shortbox pickup. It eliminated my need for a second trailer for the second crew. Remember that this truck has a wheelbase of only 150". That is shorter than my extended cab, long box pickups.

Scott

The only down side is that they do not have 4X4, it just means that the truck doubles as a salter in the winter (8' V-box).

Ollie3
03-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Nice GMC! What did that thing set you back? Did you buy it new? I'm looking at an NPR King Cab now, but I'd really like a dump that I could haul a trailer.

Ollie.

mrusk
03-16-2006, 09:43 PM
That is a sweet tool box! I'll take that tool box on a 26gvw truck with a roll off body please!

phototropic1
03-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Did you fix that tire rut ya'll made?