PDA

View Full Version : Do not call list

tinman
01-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Anybody know the costs for acces to the lists?

Green-Pro
01-22-2005, 06:53 PM
tinman

There is no cost as far as I know the signup is on a government website, not sure what it is but if you google do not call list I'm sure you will find it.

-Geoff

Travis Followell
01-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Yea, its free to sign up.

tonygreek
01-22-2005, 07:11 PM
could be wrong, but i think he might be looking to access the list content to avoid calling those on it.

good question, tinman.

tinman
01-22-2005, 07:20 PM
right Tony,,, Sorry if I was unclear. I want the list to avoid calling folks who do not want calls. Pretty sure there is a cost as I remember the Editor of Turf Magazine complaining about the costs. Thanks Tony

tonygreek
01-22-2005, 07:57 PM
straight from the source's Q&A FAQ....

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/tsrcomp.htm

How much does it cost to access the Registry?
Data for up to five area codes will be available for free. Beyond that, there is an annual fee of $25 per area code of data, with a maximum annual fee of $7,375 for the entire U.S. database.

How often will I have to pay a fee?
The fee must be paid annually. Payment of the fee provides access to the data for an “annual period,” which is defined as the twelve months following the first day of the month in which the seller paid the fee. For example, a seller who pays its annual fee on September 15, 2003, has an “annual period” that runs from September 1, 2003 through August 31, 2004.

Who must pay the fee?
All sellers covered by the TSR must pay the appropriate fee for an area code of data before they call, or cause a telemarketer to call, any consumer within that area code, even those consumers whose telephone numbers are not on the National Registry. The only exceptions are for sellers that call only consumers with which they have an existing business relationship or written agreement to call, and do not access the National Registry for any other purpose. Charities and political organizations that voluntarily want to access the National Registry to prevent calling consumers whose numbers are on the Registry may access the Registry at no cost.

Telemarketers and service providers may access the National Registry, at no cost, through the use of their seller-client’s unique account number. Even though they are not required by law to do so, telemarketers and service providers may gain access to the National Registry on their own behalf, but they must pay a separate fee for that ability. But before placing calls on behalf of a seller-client, telemarketers are required to ensure that their seller-client has paid the appropriate annual fee.

How can I pay the fee?
Fees will be payable via credit card (which will permit the transfer of data in the same session, if the payment is approved) or electronic fund transfer (EFT). EFT will require you to wait approximately three days for the funds to clear before data access will be provided. You must pay the fee prior to gaining access to the National Registry. Sellers and exempt entities can pay the fee directly or through their telemarketers or service providers (to which the seller or exempt entity has provided the necessary authority).

What if I pay for a small number of area codes, and then later in the year expand my business to call more area codes? Will I have to pay twice?
If you need to access data from more area codes than you initially selected, you may do so, but you will have to pay for access to those additional area codes. Obtaining additional data from the National Registry during the first six months of your annual period will require a payment of $25 for each new area code. During the second six month period, the charge to obtain data from each new area code is $15. Payment for additional data provides you with access to the additional data for the remainder of your annual period.

tinman
01-22-2005, 08:05 PM
That pretty much covered it. What I wanted to hear also....free for a few zips which is all I want anyway. Appreciate it Tony.