PDA

View Full Version : If u could pay a telemarketer per "signed client"..

tinman
01-22-2005, 09:54 PM
If u could pay a telemarketer per "signed client".... How much would it be worth? I'm talking no salary or anything like that.... Just a per "signed client" payment. $15, $20, $30. Let's just focus on mowing clients for now.
And I do not want to get too detailed or off the main topic. ... "you better check on state labor laws, you could get sued if telemarketer does this or that while calling for you, etc". I'm aware there is more involved with this,,,I'm just looking for a number. Thanks

scottt
01-22-2005, 11:06 PM
I would pay up to $100. I know you said you don't want to get to off topic here, but I don't think anyone would be willing to be paid like that. By signed, I assume you mean you close the sale. The telemarketer has no control over your closing percentage, and therefore no control over their pay.

tinman
01-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Actually they would control their income,,,as the price would be pre set for certain areas and they would be stated in the call. So there is no waiting on me to close after I give an estimate.

LLCO
01-22-2005, 11:39 PM
If you are paying per closed sale, anything under a $100 is doing well. In telemarketing, you typically get what you pay for. If they are using a predictive dialer, it wil help them tremendously.

Have you used telemarketing in the past sucessfully? I am hearing even the industry big dogs are getting away from telesales. :dizzy:

tinman
01-22-2005, 11:45 PM
never tried i b4. I just like the idea of paying only for advertising that actually works.

ALarsh
01-23-2005, 12:09 AM
So this telemarketer would call a house to ask if they want X service. They setup a time for an estimate and you go over to try to win the bid?

tinman
01-23-2005, 01:05 AM
no, price would be pre determined, because I would know the address.

walker-talker
01-23-2005, 04:54 AM
Around $100 would be fair to both parties. With advertising expenses, I usually pay more than that.

kdbetters
01-23-2005, 10:35 AM
it all depends on what method is used. someone said earlier that if they use a predictive dailer then, it would work out better. This is true I'am a part-time telemarketing manager, and I am thinking of outsourcing them for a few early spring sustomers. However telemarketing has gotten tougher, the last few years especially with the no call lists because their are fewer people to then before. However, it would be really tough to outsource a firm or any single marketer on commision based only. It would probably be cheaper to pay a hourly plus commision pay rate. Something like $8/hour plus $10 per closed lead. Also have it on a sliding sale to where the more leads they get the more money they get. Like the first 3 leads is $10, the next 3 is $15, the next 3 is $20( also while still giving them their hourly pay). I you do it this it will motivate them to set more, however if they do not produce you will only be out a small amount of money(also remember, whether they set a lead or not they are still advertising and people will know your name).

Mclaughld
01-23-2005, 12:17 PM
It sounds risky having a telemarketer bid the job for you. Why dont you pay them per appointment they make? that way you go to the property, charge accordingly, and maybe even upsell.

tinman
01-23-2005, 04:30 PM
They are not bidding ,,,I'm providing thre list with prices to caller.

dforbes
01-25-2005, 01:12 AM
what happens when you make a sale pay the commision and the cleint cancels after 3 services

andersonmowing23
01-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Why don't you bid on the houses, I know in my area most houses in the same neghiborhood have the same size yards, but some people have more weed eating or edging or somthing. Heres an idea, If you want you could pay them say 25 bucks if they set you up an estimate, then you go give the estimate, If you land the deal you pay them 100, So if you land the deal you pay a total of 100 dollars, Lets say you don't land the deal you give the customer your card and estimate and the worst that could happen is they call ya down the road for somthing else or they changed their mind and you saved 75 bucks.

ALarsh
01-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Its possible people could get mad at you. I know everybody here hates telemarketers.

tinman
01-25-2005, 09:08 PM
what happens when you make a sale pay the commision and the cleint cancels after 3 services

Good point. Yearly contracts could pay the telemarketer more so the lesser commision on no contracts would not hurt me if theydo cancel early.

kdbetters
01-25-2005, 09:43 PM

it is important to remember that it is the telemarketer jobs to provide you with leads or customers and it is your job to keep them. I know sometimes that you can go out and bust you butt doing quality work and the customer will still cancel. However, you cannot blame the marketer for them cancelling service. The marketer is only responsible for getting your foot in the door, and once youre in you decide how long you stay. Just keep this type of scenario in mind when you are figuring your pay rate for them. Because a percentage of cancellations must be accounted for before proceeding into action.

andersonmowing23
01-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Thats a very good point alot of people do get mad at telemarketers