PDA

View Full Version : snapper z's

danlawnser
01-29-2001, 04:08 PM
does any one have one? How do they mow? I am going to be chosing between that mower and the Great Dane Jr. Chariot. The reason I like these mowers better than Exmark, Scag, Dixie Chopper, and Toro is because of the sticks are between your legs. Does Snapper have the ideas or technology behind them on the decks? I'm looking at a 52 inch cut. I have a Great Dane walkbehind. I wouldn't mind any other imput from others who own Exmark,...I have read a lot of the posts on z's.

Mark
01-29-2001, 04:25 PM
I don't really care for the joy-stick steering on there rider-z. But i think they make one of the best walkbehinds, They are built as well as any ive had, scag,and exmark are the only others ive owned. But there Loop Steering is awesome, beats the tire out of pistol grips for me much easier on my wrist and hands. Plus they have a great cut. I haven't seen the 2001 riders maybe they steer like the danes and walkers. Ive demoed the dane chariots and there very nice. In fact i would have brought one but the dealer was small and wouldn't give me any loaners if i was to break down. Just about all the name brands are made well. It is just what is your peference. Good Luck on whatever you purchase. Marks Mowing Service

Eric ELM
01-29-2001, 04:33 PM
The steering levers are not between your legs on a Dixie Chopper. There is one on each side that swing in to operate and out to dismount.

danlawnser
01-29-2001, 05:13 PM
no, I know that. I meant that the two control sticks are between your legs. I know that Exmark, scag ,Dixie Chopper, and Toro have the sticks that come down. Snapper came out with another type that I'm talking about that doesn't use a joystick. It has the same steering as the Great danes.

lakegastonla
01-29-2001, 08:24 PM
With Snapper, you get your choice of steering controls
either the joystick, or the levers like on the walker mowers. They put a diferent model number on them, but they are the same, except for the steering. And, by the way, they are really good mowers.