PDA

View Full Version : Lesco products.

Cleve
01-29-2001, 05:43 PM
I have never used Lesco for supplies. I use another wholesale supplier in my area. I notice a lot of reference to them on this site and would like to compare prices and products. Do they have a catalog (my current supplier does have a catalog) or do you just have to visit them.
I believe they have a facility fairly close to me and should be no trouble to get to them.
I did visit their web site but it is kinda lacking in real info.
For those of you that do use them, are you satisfied with their products and prices?
At least I generally get the wholesale price for seed and fertilizer, etc. no matter whether I get the full pallet or just a couple of bags.
I do like to try and use as few suppliers as possible because they generally don't mind helping regular customers with problems or questions.
Thanks for your help.
Cleve....

[Edited by Cleve on 01-29-2001 at 04:46 PM]

KirbysLawn
01-29-2001, 06:21 PM
Visit your local Lesco for accurate prices. The prices I quote would not be accurate or maybe not even up-to-date. They do have a discount scale, I'm not sure who it works (forgot). I like their products and service, A+ all the way.

Ray

Ocutter
01-29-2001, 07:09 PM
I just got done talking to the rep in my area. He said that the new $ are not in the computer yet, but he can give me some info on Feb 1st. I get a good feeling when I walk in their warehouse. It has alot to do with their staff. This will be the first full yr I will be using the wholesale location. Before it was thru home depot. I can tell you that I'm very satisfied with the $ as well as the product. The price will be better if you get pallets instead of bags. Just not sure of the breakdown.

sunrise
01-29-2001, 07:57 PM
I use them all the time sometime when I am to busy they will bring me what I need. And when I go into the store they remember my name. I like that.

equipguy
01-29-2001, 08:48 PM
You should give LESCO a try im sure you will find them to be helpful and their prices to competitive. They are do for a new parts catalog very soon. (ITS ABOUT TIME). As many people have stated on this site, a lot revolves around the person(s) at the location that you deal with. You could try to contact their main office at 1-800-321-5325 to locate their local store in your area. GOOD luck!!

Shack
01-29-2001, 09:14 PM
I spent about 2 hours at Lesco today. The guy there was very helpful, and he realy knew his stuff. I told him about how lame the Lesco web page was and that he should visit us here at LSD. I also found one of those blade sharpeners(sure glad I did not have to send my credit card # over the net)

Cleve
01-30-2001, 10:48 AM
Many thanks for all the info about Lesco.
Seems like they have a good reputation with all the folks here.
I plan on giving them a visit to see about supplies.
Thanks again, Cleve....

Turfdoctor
01-31-2001, 02:44 AM
I have been doing business with Lesco for years. They own their own Fert producing facalities and I havent found anyone who can compete with their fert prices/quality. They definetly price according to volume. They often say they can't go below their"Corporate"`price structure, but that is bull! If you tell them about what you use in quantity, they will give you a price based on that. If you find it cheaper elsewhere, they will match or beat every time. They are worth looking into!

TJLC
01-31-2001, 10:05 AM
I also use Lesco.I like the fact that you can drive through and park next to what you need, and they also help you load up. Seems to be a good product and price is in line.

Greenkeepers
01-31-2001, 11:21 AM
Lesco, excellent company based here in Ohio. I've been dealing with them for years, both in PA and OH. Their salesmen are very knowledgable and helpful. It is also very cool that they remember you when you come in the store. Prices are product are excellent... Can't go wrong, try them.........

geogunn
01-31-2001, 03:00 PM
right on about lesco reps name recognition! after I bought my used lesco machine, I started going to the store for parts and they remembered me right away! I'm sure it's a marketing thing that they teach their company employees but it is still nice. especially since I am probably their smallest regular customer.

GEO