PDA

View Full Version : 2 part carbon

CURB APPEAL NC
01-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Ive made my own Estimate and Work order sheet. Where can I get it printed on carbon paper? Staples, Office Max, Office Depot have nothing on their Web site about it!

walker-talker
01-24-2005, 03:25 AM
I just got back from my local Office Depot yesterday with some forms they did for me. They didn't do them there, but sent them off to have done. (250) 2-part carbonless copies, 8.5" x 11" with on color of ink ran me $50.99. They must have been running a special because they took off 15% on that order and another order I had done.

Check you local store.

mtdman
01-24-2005, 03:36 AM
I'd go for carbonless myself. Less messy and works as well. I had some done at Kinkos in the past.

j fisher
01-24-2005, 08:00 AM
Williams Office Supply on Bragg Blvd. I printed my contracts up and took them to Williams. They made up 2 part books. I give the customer the copy, and the original stays in the book.

CURB APPEAL NC
01-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Do you take the print shop the paper copy or do you put it on disk and take it to them? Fisher how much do they charge? I dont need very many to start!

walker-talker
01-25-2005, 03:27 AM
For Office Depot, you can do either. They will also start a file for you so that if you want some more done in the future. As for minimums.....250 is it on the carbonless copies. That's kind of a pain the arse. Soon as you have them printed, you will want to either delete something or add something...like a service or website address.

j fisher
01-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Do you take the print shop the paper copy or do you put it on disk and take it to them? Fisher how much do they charge? I dont need very many to start!

I just printed out the a paper copy and took it to them. I got 100, in two books of 50 each for 49.00

Carolina Cutter
01-25-2005, 09:51 AM

Wrong starting attitude bud. You need A LOT of these. Or do you just want to have a mediocore business. Go for the gusto, bro.

Carolina Cutter
01-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Williams Office Supply on Bragg Blvd. I printed my contracts up and took them to Williams. They made up 2 part books. I give the customer the copy, and the original stays in the book.

So are you saying that you bill on site or do you do monthly billing? I have done billing on site for the past few years but always seem to have to go collect. I am considering sending out bills by mail this year.

j fisher
01-25-2005, 08:33 PM
So are you saying that you bill on site or do you do monthly billing? I have done billing on site for the past few years but always seem to have to go collect. I am considering sending out bills by mail this year.

I was referring to Service Agreements. Sorry for the confusion. But that dos'nt matter. It's the price of printing a 2 part carbon document I was trying to help him with.
As far as how I bill, most of my older clients (I'm refering to how long they've been with me, not there age), I leave the bill in the door and they send me a check. All new clients will be billed by mail monthly.

llama
01-25-2005, 09:05 PM
LOL, about the quantity.

I went with the carbonless from a mom-and-pop print shop, they work great (and it only took about 2 days).

As far as the quantity, I went in business with another lawncare professional and we had 3000 printed up. When business started rolling in, he up and quit.
They have sat in my filing cabinet since 2002. My son and I just came in the house from burning them. LOL. so much for the quantity savings!!!

I suggest getting a small number printed and reorder later. The print shop will already have it on file and it is very easy for them to print more in a timely manner.

Carolina Cutter
01-25-2005, 09:20 PM
I was referring to Service Agreements. Sorry for the confusion. But that dos'nt matter. It's the price of printing a 2 part carbon document I was trying to help him with.
As far as how I bill, most of my older clients (I'm refering to how long they've been with me, not there age), I leave the bill in the door and they send me a check. All new clients will be billed by mail monthly.

Would you mind sending me a copy of your service agreement? I am trying to tweak mine and I think you being local could be a good source.

Smithers
01-26-2005, 08:25 PM
get 3 part..........one for them, one to sign and one for your records, while they are mulling it over.

so many times i forget what i told them i'd charge. carbonlesss is the way to go.

i have a place online that does 250 copies ~$15, color, thanks to SOUPY!!

j fisher
01-26-2005, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=petrentz]get 3 part..........one for them, one to sign and one for your records, while they are mulling it over.

QUOTE]
Why 3 part? With 2 part carbons, they sign, you them the copy, and you have the original for you records. That's what I like about the books. Your copy stays in the book, nice and secure.

Hamons
01-26-2005, 09:51 PM
I get them done at Kinkos while I wait

Smithers
01-26-2005, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=petrentz]get 3 part..........one for them, one to sign and one for your records, while they are mulling it over.

QUOTE]
Why 3 part? With 2 part carbons, they sign, you them the copy, and you have the original for you records. That's what I like about the books. Your copy stays in the book, nice and secure.
many times i leave the whole thing in their hands.....they think it over for a few days. i forget what i told them. then they sign the 2 and send me the top piece.

if i had 3.....i'd take one and still leave them 2 to sign.