PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning for your walk behind

lawrence stone
05-19-2000, 10:03 AM
Air Conditioning for your walk behind<p>A rainy day garage project by lawrence stone<p><br>Go down the auto zone or whatever and buy a 6<br>fixed fan and mount the fan to the dashboard of<br>your walk behind. <p>Also buy a cup holder that will hold a spray bottle mist<br>device that used to hold a hair care product that now contains<br>cold water.<p>Also take a trip to your local hardware superstore and look in<br>the seasonal dept. for one of those umbrellas that clamp to a<br>lawn chair and the handle of a toro WB. <p>I can use the umbrella for those long days in the saddle mowing<br>the athletic fields. <p>This fan setup with the aid of a battery powered ultrasonic bug<br>repellent and some 6-12 eliminate those pesky flying insects<br>when you mow especially early in the morning.<br>

yardsmith
05-19-2000, 10:16 AM
you crack me up!<br>Good ideas; just make sure to have an additional batt. or a HD alternator on mower to keep batt. charged :)<p>----------<br>Smitty <br>

Greenkeepers
05-19-2000, 10:18 AM
Must be another one of those rainy days over there in PA if you have time to think this stuff up. Maybe you could patent it!!

Greenkeepers
05-19-2000, 10:24 AM
Can you incorporate a beer can hat into it to?? One with 2 can holders! That would be a real selling point<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers

thelawnguy
05-19-2000, 10:24 AM
Dont laugh-the college uses wright standers, they all have umbrellas mounted on them.<p>Wish I had one-then Id be mowing rather than watching the rain come down.<p>Bill

Getmow
05-19-2000, 06:57 PM
Necessity is the Muther of invention.....Good to have you back Stone.

jaclawn
05-19-2000, 09:09 PM
While I have seen some large Toro mowers with air conditioned enclosed cabs, I have never thought of a walk behind with air.<p>How about this idea. Buy one of those vynal cab enclosures made for walk behind snow blowers, and mount it to your walk behind. A roof top air contitioner unit from an RV or such mounted on the top blowing down...<p>This project may take more than one rainy day.<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: jaclawn

steven Bousquet
05-19-2000, 09:16 PM
my office already has air, and our lazers go fast engough to cool you. hat work well too. the air ride seat on the new lazer is like riding a couch, maybe i could a cable.

mowerconsultant
05-19-2000, 09:53 PM
the new hustler walk behind comes with a drink holder and a drink container.<br>maybe air will be a option in the future...lol

bdemir
05-19-2000, 10:15 PM
OK HOW ABOUT RADIO DIALS BUILT INTO THE HAND CONTROLS, OR MATBE GELLY SEATS ALONG WITH GELLY GRIPS FOR COMFORT.<p>MAYBE HEATED SEATS FOR THE LATE FALL TOO AND A FULL 4 WHEEL SUSPENSION ON ALL 4 WHEELS FOR ADDED COMFORT.