PDA

View Full Version : Million dollar Gen. Liabilty for $850/yr?

CURB APPEAL NC
01-24-2005, 10:53 PM
does this sound right?

Drew Gemma
01-24-2005, 11:04 PM
not really I pay 480 for lawn maintance
560 for landscaping
insurance company separates them

grassyfras
01-24-2005, 11:05 PM
I just got a quote for 6 something. Im a part-timer.

clay duncan
01-24-2005, 11:05 PM
i pay $150. a year at farm bureau.....

Wells
01-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Yes....Its right in the ballpark.

Clay, $150 for a million of liability? better recheck the policy...

i_plant_art
01-25-2005, 12:34 AM
im in the 650 range this year which isnt too bad for this part of the country.

CURB APPEAL NC
01-25-2005, 01:10 AM
I also do pressure washing and they said it wouldnt cost any more to cover this but they would need to know how much money I would make a year @ each? didnt get into detail but If there going to cover that for the same price they mine as well throw in my painting that I sometime do?

clay duncan
01-25-2005, 01:42 AM
wells, i rechecked my policy and it is $150.00 annually. i was paying $130 a year for $300,000. i had to up my coverage to $1,000,000 recently for commercial work. i checked around and got quotes anywhere from $800 to what i am paying. i did have to move my auto policy to obtain a general liability with them though.....

WLC
01-25-2005, 02:11 AM
Clay,
Who's your policy provider?

clay duncan
01-25-2005, 02:39 AM
wlc, its north carolina farm bureau mutual insurance company. they do have a $25. annual member fee. i have an auto policy, general liability and an inland marine policy(2 mowers and an atv) with them.

PMLAWN
01-25-2005, 04:21 AM
Hartford here, About $800.00 for the year $1.000.000 lib.
Also covers loss of equipment, trailer and a few others things.
Workman's comp. 3.88% again Hartford.
Curb--Check out the pressure wash thing because they said it would be more to wash houses. I only do pavement so it is covered.
Also my policy has a few "loss payee"s , Sunbelt for tool rental and a few HOAs and one commercial job is on the policy

j fisher
01-25-2005, 09:22 AM
$500.00 per year through Hartford Mutual.

marko
01-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Just started calling around. Found from $606 down to $357 (he asked if I had ever been insured for this type work before which I had). What is wierd is it does not cost anymore to add spray(pesticide) and fertilize on the policy. This is for a $1,000,000 policy w/ a $2,000,000 cap (the norm for the area)

CURB APPEAL NC
01-25-2005, 12:12 PM
clay duncan, are they giving you a good rate because you have other policies with them? or should anyone be able to get that rate?

Green-Pro
01-25-2005, 02:32 PM
I have been quoted $400 per year for 1 mil. general liability coverage, $250 deductible. This covers business & equipment. I have a seperate commercial vehicles policy for trucks & trailers. This quote was based on lawn care service and landscaping (minor type stuff, beds,mulch, small/decorative retaining walls, etc.)

:D

-Geoff

llama
01-25-2005, 10:09 PM
$779 for partnership thru ALFA

clay duncan
01-25-2005, 10:33 PM
clay duncan, are they giving you a good rate because you have other policies with them? or should anyone be able to get that rate?

i had to get an auto policy with them to in order to get a g/l policy. my g/l policy does not cover any loss of equipment. just liability.

TotalCareSolutions
01-25-2005, 10:46 PM
I also do pressure washing and they said it wouldnt cost any more to cover this but they would need to know how much money I would make a year @ each? didnt get into detail but If there going to cover that for the same price they mine as well throw in my painting that I sometime do?

You probably will not get the same price w/ the painting, because it will involve an elevation, which can drastically increase your liability.

TotalCareSolutions
01-25-2005, 10:48 PM
i had to get an auto policy with them to in order to get a g/l policy. my g/l policy does not cover any loss of equipment. just liability.

$1mil for $150 annually is a little hard to see. You are talking about a licensed lawn/landscaping business right? How much is that auto policy?!

Gilla Gorilla
01-25-2005, 11:37 PM
I'm paying $792 here for a 1 million GL policy with a 2 million cap.

clay duncan
01-26-2005, 12:11 AM
$1mil for $150 annually is a little hard to see. You are talking about a licensed lawn/landscaping business right? How much is that auto policy?!

lawn/landscaping business? what the @#$%. i thought we were talking about a condom machine vendor. my bad. what could i possibly gain by lying about what i pay for general liability. i have had this policy for going on 3 years and i have used it once. i called every agent in the book and this IS the price of the before mentioned insurance company. i do not know or care why they are so much lower than everyone else. i left a very good insurance co. that i had been with for 25 years just for the g/l policy.

p.s tcs, my auto policy is $2.96 a year. i went ahead a paid it through 2025.

Carolina Cutter
01-26-2005, 01:12 PM
lawn/landscaping business? what the @#$%. i thought we were talking about a condom machine vendor. my bad. what could i possibly gain by lying about what i pay for general liability. i have had this policy for going on 3 years and i have used it once. i called every agent in the book and this IS the price of the before mentioned insurance company. i do not know or care why they are so much lower than everyone else. i left a very good insurance co. that i had been with for 25 years just for the g/l policy.

Clay.....

Let me vouch for you. I JUST got off the phone with Farm Beareau. I live in NC also. 1 million general libability with 0 deductible for comprehensive IS $217!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe it, but its true. My better half is an agent and she is hot about this. She cannot believe it either. They are going to fax me some information so I can look it over tonight.

CLAY......I think you are owed an apology by anyone who accused you of lying!!!!! ;)

TotalCareSolutions
01-26-2005, 07:15 PM
lawn/landscaping business? what the @#$%. i thought we were talking about a condom machine vendor. my bad. what could i possibly gain by lying

Mr. Dumcan, (take a deep breath...it's ok)
There are hundreds of codes, from which the insurance co. may find a suitable summary of coverages for you. I wanted to clarify that you were talking about what we might consider the typical, industry standard coverage for a lawn/landscape business. Who knows, you might have a sweeper biz, plowing biz, flower biz...etc etc As far as why people tell stories here, who knows? Your auto policy also seems low, or are you lying about that too?

Smithers
01-26-2005, 09:08 PM

clay. how much for the condom machine? is it still in the package or it has been used? :):)

i am paying $358

clay duncan
01-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Mr. Dumcan, (take a deep breath...it's ok)
There are hundreds of codes, from which the insurance co. may find a suitable summary of coverages for you. I wanted to clarify that you were talking about what we might consider the typical, industry standard coverage for a lawn/landscape business. Who knows, you might have a sweeper biz, plowing biz, flower biz...etc etc As far as why people tell stories here, who knows? Your auto policy also seems low, or are you lying about that too?

tcs, please dont flatter yourself and think that a 31 year old cross-dresser would ever be able to upset me. i know about insurance codes and coverages and that different companys have different premiums. that is why i called around and found the best price. i was paying for insurance when you were still peeing in the bed. what i said about my auto policy was sarcasm, like when your mom says she loves you......

Smithers
01-26-2005, 09:28 PM
someone will start bleeding now......hehehehe

clay duncan
01-26-2005, 09:29 PM
clay. how much for the condom machine? is it still in the package or it has been used? :):)

i am paying $358

how you doing perentez? its slightly used, make me an offer!

Smithers
01-26-2005, 09:33 PM
i am doing great..waiting for the wife to get home so that we can eat....

if the condoms are colored, $400....if they are "ribbed for her pleasure" - $450. :)

TotalCareSolutions
01-27-2005, 07:58 PM
i left a very good insurance co. that i had been with for 25 years just for the g/l policy.

Since you've turned a corner and were now basing this conversation on profiles, I have a question: What did you need insurance for when you were 15? (you know 40-25) Let me guess: Your dad left....the next morning, trailers aren't quite considered automobiles, so mom didn't have insurance, and to get to the nearest Piggly Wiggly up there in Marion, you had to start driving a lil early?

I can tell you've been using that same comeback ("I've been this or that since you were wettin beds) since athomejunior...that and: "I comb bigger turds than you out of my butt hair!" I know because you didn't finish athomehigh and you can't swing a dead cow without hitting a ****** up there in the trailer park. When you don't graduate athomehigh and you work at the piggly wiggly to pay parking rent, you'd actually have to improve to be stupid, so we understand why your getting frustrated.

Lawn-Scapes
01-27-2005, 08:40 PM
lawn/landscaping business? what the @#$%. i thought we were talking about a condom machine vendor. my bad.

That's too funny! :D

I thought I was getting a good price at $265 (1/2 million).. $150 is a heck of a deal. Good for you!

jajwrigh
01-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Sounds a bit high...what services are you offering?

clay duncan
01-27-2005, 10:32 PM
Since you've turned a corner and were now basing this conversation on profiles, I have a question: What did you need insurance for when you were 15? (you know 40-25) Let me guess: Your dad left....the next morning, trailers aren't quite considered automobiles, so mom didn't have insurance, and to get to the nearest Piggly Wiggly up there in Marion, you had to start driving a lil early?

I can tell you've been using that same comeback ("I've been this or that since you were wettin beds) since athomejunior...that and: "I comb bigger turds than you out of my butt hair!" I know because you didn't finish athomehigh and you can't swing a dead cow without hitting a ****** up there in the trailer park. When you don't graduate athomehigh and you work at the piggly wiggly to pay parking rent, you'd actually have to improve to be stupid, so we understand why your getting frustrated.

tcs, my birthday is in 9 days. i will be 41. 41-25=16. that information was in my profile. i live in the middle of the blue ridge mountains where people come from all over the world to see. you might like it here. asheville (also known as little san Francisco) is 30 min. away. cross dressers are welcome there, just like in your fair city. i did not mean to strike a nerve about you peeing in the bed. i thought that problem was solved with the huggies pull-ups. i am sure your mom loves you in her own special way. good luck

Mowmoney00
01-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Boy o Boy .... the love is flowing in this room! :p

I was getting a good deal last year at 720 anually, but they increased our premiums by 35%. Can you believe that ...... 35 PERCENT!!!!!! Like insurance company don't get enough of our money... well atleast not from clay duncan. I'm calling his insurance company tomarrow. :)

greenngrow
01-27-2005, 11:05 PM
OK what is your WC rate?????? Do you carry it ?

Smithers
01-27-2005, 11:05 PM
tcs, my birthday is in 9 days. i will be 41. 41-25=16. that information was in my profile. i live in the middle of the blue ridge mountains where people come from all over the world to see. you might like it here. asheville (also known as little san Francisco) is 30 min. away. cross dressers are welcome there, just like in your fair city. i did not mean to strike a nerve about you peeing in the bed. i thought that problem was solved with the huggies pull-ups. i am sure your mom loves you in her own special way. good luck
i stayed in the stone hotel in asheville...what what hell was the name..the one where the presidents stay. the something something...yeah, the The Grove Park inn....beautiful area...would hate to cut grass on those slopes, thogh. have no idea how you do it.

TotalCareSolutions
01-27-2005, 11:11 PM
asheville is 30 min. away
And where they filmed Deliverance is 30 min away from here. Needless to say alot can change in 30 min. Listen, you should not be ashamed of the woods in which you live.
cross dressers are welcome there
Im sure.
i did not mean to strike a nerve
You struck a nerve when you muttered about a hundred $ premium you got from billy bob's insurance and then stammered on about a condom machine when I squarely questioned you about it.
i am sure your mom loves you in her own special way
NO. Your confused my mom loves me in a normal mom way.... your mom loves me in her own special way

Getting back to the original thread, it sounds like Curb Appeal needs to call your guy and get that rate, if it's available to anyone outside your clan that is?

Lawn-Scapes
01-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Fellas.. I think that's enough. I may be wrong.. but I thought this kind of stuff was not allowed to happen?

the scaper
01-27-2005, 11:27 PM

I can tell you've been using that same comeback ("I've been this or that since you were wettin beds) since athomejunior...that and: "I comb bigger turds than you out of my butt hair!" I know because you didn't finish athomehigh and you can't swing a dead cow without hitting a ****** up there in the trailer park. When you don't graduate athomehigh and you work at the piggly wiggly to pay parking rent, you'd actually have to improve to be stupid, so we understand why your getting frustrated. Lol! Thats funny stuff. Seriously though, I think they do offer lower rates in those type of areas, i think it's a income thing or something and thats why alot of times in the off season you'll see those guys selling firewood, boiled peanuts, and condoms. Well anyway, hope you guys get things worked out. Why not just shoot the old man a pm and ask him what he's wearin fer his birthday?

TotalCareSolutions
01-27-2005, 11:36 PM
LOL

seriously...what are u wearin?

Turf Tamers
01-27-2005, 11:41 PM
According to the shopping around I've done $850.00 is not even in the ball park. I submitted a thread yesterday reference insurance. Erie insurance is the most competitive here in North Carolina that I have found. Think the rates were around $250.00 per year plus $90.00 per every $10,000 of equipment coverage! My policy worked out to about $120.00 pre quarter on a $500,000 policy and a $1,000,00 blanket.

Carolina Cutter
01-27-2005, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE=Getting back to the original thread, it sounds like Curb Appeal needs to call your guy and get that rate, if it's available to anyone outside your clan that is?[/QUOTE]

Listen,

I am not going to get in the middle of you guys and whatever beefs you have got.

I will say that this needs to end in the public forum.

I also will say that the "billy bob" company you reference is Farm Bereau Insurance which is a well respected company around my area of NC and he was telling the truth of the rate that was quoted because I called them the next day.

You guys take it private and hash out your differences and then come back and join the fellowship again....OK????

the scaper
01-27-2005, 11:48 PM
LOL

seriously...what are u wearin? Snake chaps!

Carolina Cutter
01-27-2005, 11:49 PM

What he quoted was for gen. liability only. I too am a solo operator and do not have workmans comp only gen. liability.

clay duncan
01-28-2005, 12:11 AM
Boy o Boy .... the love is flowing in this room! :p

I was getting a good deal last year at 720 anually, but they increased our premiums by 35%. Can you believe that ...... 35 PERCENT!!!!!! Like insurance company don't get enough of our money... well atleast not from clay duncan. I'm calling his insurance company tomarrow. :)

trust me, they get enough. 2 houses, car, truck, motorcycle, 2 mowers, atv, med, dental, life and the ever so popular g/l policy.

clay duncan
01-28-2005, 12:15 AM

greengrow, i dont carry wc yet. i know that it is comming in the near future. i got my foot in the door with a property management company out of charlotte, nc and i think that sooner or later they will require it.

clay duncan
01-28-2005, 12:20 AM
i stayed in the stone hotel in asheville...what what hell was the name..the one where the presidents stay. the something something...yeah, the The Grove Park inn....beautiful area...would hate to cut grass on those slopes, thogh. have no idea how you do it.

hello perentez, we hillbillys are pretty darn tuf. :)

clay duncan
01-28-2005, 12:31 AM
And where they filmed Deliverance is 30 min away from here. Needless to say alot can change in 30 min. Listen, you should not be ashamed of the woods in which you live.

Im sure.

You struck a nerve when you muttered about a hundred $ premium you got from billy bob's insurance and then stammered on about a condom machine when I squarely questioned you about it.

NO. Your confused my mom loves me in a normal mom way.... your mom loves me in her own special way

Getting back to the original thread, it sounds like Curb Appeal needs to call your guy and get that rate, if it's available to anyone outside your clan that is?

tcs, are you a glutton for punishment?. my mom would never go for a 31 year old cross dresser that wears huggies pull-ups. you are just upset because your insurance company does not have a code to cover your wet, stinking mattress and with the price of todays huggies you are going to have to sell one of your favorite dresses. how long is this going to continue?.

clay duncan
01-28-2005, 12:36 AM
Lol! Thats funny stuff. Seriously though, I think they do offer lower rates in those type of areas, i think it's a income thing or something and thats why alot of times in the off season you'll see those guys selling firewood, boiled peanuts, and condoms. Well anyway, hope you guys get things worked out. Why not just shoot the old man a pm and ask him what he's wearin fer his birthday?

firewood, boiled peanuts, condoms and comming real soon huggies pull-us. :waving: by the way i dont have an off season.

clay duncan
01-28-2005, 12:38 AM
LOL

seriously...what are u wearin?

not huggies pull ups. :D

laborador
03-06-2005, 11:14 AM
is farm burea available only in north carolina.

the scaper
03-06-2005, 11:25 AM
is farm burea available only in north carolina. They are in Georgia too but I'm not sure about florida.

Branchland
03-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Farm Bureau is the way to go. 25.00 a year membership fee and 150.00 for the policy. But they do a credit check so it has to be good. Me? My credit sux so I pay about 350 a year with erie insurance.

CNYScapes
03-06-2005, 09:16 PM
I must be gettin boned I pay $1450 per year for a 1 million policy with erie insurance. 4 years ago it was $750 but after 9/11 forgettaboutit

ODwyerPW
03-07-2005, 03:56 PM
That's what I pay too. About $850.
One thing that changes commercial liability insurance is the number of employees you have. Not so much # of employees, but rather the amount of your payroll.

Husky03
03-07-2005, 06:37 PM
600$ a year with Farm Bureau

two_planks
03-08-2005, 12:21 AM
I haven't read throught the whole thread, but I pay $600/ year for 2 million, $1000 deductible, for tree care. And ou yeah, thats Canadian