PDA

View Full Version : Pricing

Just Cut
01-29-2001, 08:13 PM
I am relatively new to this industry and the lawn site and was wondering what would be considered the avg daily income for a 1 man operation with a 48" wb including trimming, edging, etc working an 8 hour day.I am located in western Michigan. What is the avg dollar amount per man hour? I have residential accounts ranging from 10000 sq ft to 40000 sq ft. Any help would be apperciated
Thanks
Ron

nlminc
01-29-2001, 08:58 PM
Ron, Thats a tuff one, I will tell you why.
1. It all depends on how many accounts you can service in an 8 hr day.
2. What is the going rate for lawns in you area.
3. What kind of overhead you have.
4. What profit margin you can play with when your done figuring out all of your overhead and what the competion charges will have some effect on that profit level.

Do a search on this subject, I believe it has been brought up in the past.

Groundcover Solutions
01-29-2001, 09:09 PM
I am in the south-eastern lower part of MI and we charge an averadge of $18 for a reguler lot and a corner lot for about $25 per cut. We do not have a lot of costomers right now but plan on adding 100 this next season. So i really can't tell you how much we make in one day. I hope this can help if not thats ok too!?

nlminc
01-29-2001, 09:22 PM
Matt! At those rates you will pick up 200 customers! You should probrobly increase your rates a bit. I know my minimum is $35.00/lawn and others here are in the same ballpark. I guess it really depends on how small the lawns are and how many you have together. I still wouldn't drop my price that low. How many accounts do you finish in a day?

Chris

Groundcover Solutions
01-29-2001, 09:27 PM
We do about 35 lawns per-day. This seams like the going rate around hear!? I am freinds with about 3 other lawn/landscape companyes in my area and this is what we charge.

Acute Cut
01-29-2001, 11:33 PM
HOmetown:
If all of them jumped off of a cliff...... (kidding)
Last year i started hob knobing with some other company owners. Some of them were real great guys. I respect some of them greatly. I found though, that some of the most knowledgeable were charging the least. I know one guy is cutting back because he is too busy. he asked if i wanted some. He offered me his three trailer yards for the 11$ each he charges. I wont even tell you what else i heard from other owners about thier pricing.

As stated on here from some super knowledgeable person, not sure who, 20 lawns for 11$ or 11 lawns for 25$. If someone cant afford to pay the 25$, then they cant really afford a minimum service and should mow it themselves.

not sure if that made sense, i hope it did. It did to me anyways.

Acute Cut

Bob Shoaff
01-29-2001, 11:42 PM
Whats your email address? I am just down the road from you in Burlington and would like to talk some about the local market if you are interested. You can email me @ precision_landscape@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you.
Bob

jay
01-30-2001, 01:14 AM
This site has some helpful info on how to price your services, just scroll down to pricing services.
http://www.sba.gov/library/pubs/fm-13.txt

65hoss
01-30-2001, 01:43 PM
Raise prices, make more money and live longer.

I had 10 zero lot $15 houses on 1 street. Because of the time involved in these little yards, I could make almost twice an hour doing my regular subdivision lawns at $35. Maybe your market is a little different, but the amount of yards you must do is costing you tremendously in equipment. Your replacement cost alone should warrent a price increase.