PDA

View Full Version : New Landscaper In Nh

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
01-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi,
I'm New To The Landscape Business. I Live In Nh I Wanted To See If Anyone Could Give Me Some Pointers On How They Keep Records And Come Up W/ Estimates And Run The Business I Guess. I Have A Partner In This With Me And So Far We've Been Doing It With Common Sense. Any Info Would Be Great. Thanks

sparcolawn
01-25-2005, 05:30 PM
where in NH you from? and my advice do you if you havnt already done so is to make sure you get insurence first off, and as far as the records go, keep extremely good ones!, keep track, right down, and save every little thing you do and spend for your business... congrats, on starting up by the way

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
01-26-2005, 08:45 AM
We're Out Of Seabrook. We Got The Insurance Already. We Met With The Accountant And He Thought That The Grounds Kepper Pro Program Wasn't Good For Us Because You Can't Print Out Reports And Compare Them Against Each Other And Past Years And Stuff. He Said To Get Quick Books. What Do You Think? Also Where Are You From. How Long You Been In It?

N.H.BOY
01-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Welcome ACE.

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
01-27-2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks Boy, Where R U From?

sparcolawn
01-27-2005, 06:53 PM
im from the lakes region tilton, northfield, franklin area

N.H.BOY
01-28-2005, 09:48 AM
im from the lakes region tilton, northfield, franklin area

Sparcolawn---Are you serious? Im at same location. Just moved here from Lebanon-Enfield area.Just built house on 132 :waving:

sparcolawn
01-28-2005, 12:20 PM
well welcome to the area! what part of 132? your in a lot of luck if its the sanborton side, they're dieing for a good LCO, i've turned a lot of people down up there cuz the three towns i work in do just fine

N.H.BOY
01-28-2005, 05:47 PM
well welcome to the area! what part of 132? your in a lot of luck if its the sanborton side, they're dieing for a good LCO, i've turned a lot of people down up there cuz the three towns i work in do just fine

Well if you get any calls send them my way. I can get you a number and met up with you sometime. Im on the sanborton fire dept. but I live in northfield. Great talking to ya, what kind of stuff you got? walkbehinds? zero turns?Hope we can come in contact sometime. :waving:

sparcolawn
01-28-2005, 09:55 PM
well i've been in the business for 5 years, but considering my age (20) i guess you could still consider me a rookie, but i've been going on my own the past 3, i have just one gravely walk behind that does me just fine for my lawns, last year i started doing bigger jobs and instulations, and this year i'll progress that and do more lawns and more designs, i'm looking into either a new exmark walk behind, or a zero turn i havnt decided yet. how long you been in this area, if you've been in the fire business a while im sure you've heard of harold harbour, he's my gramps.

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
02-04-2005, 02:52 PM
How Do You Guys Get Your Business. I'm Just Starting And Want To Do A Mailing With Post Cards You Get From The Post Office. But If You Guys Have A Better Way, Please Give Me A Clue. Thanks

sparcolawn
02-07-2005, 10:10 AM
one thing that i have found very much worth the money is to make a flyer yourself, then go to the town hall in your town and get a mailing list for everyone that owns property in your town, then simply send out the flyers..... i've already gotten over 10 calls in less then a month

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
02-07-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm In The Process Of Doing That Right Now. Need To Get These Postcards I've Heard About. Thanks

slow release
02-10-2005, 01:39 PM
ACE, are you a mowing/maintenance contractor, or an LCO?

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
02-10-2005, 04:13 PM
ACE, are you a mowing/maintenance contractor, or an LCO?

TO START PROBABLY GONNA BE DOING MAINTENCE AND MOWING, PRUNING, CLEAN-UPS ETC... LIKE TO GET BIGGER IN A FEW YEARS. START DOING RETAINING WALLS, INSTALLS, LEARN ABOUT DOING IRREGATION WORK. WE PLOW IN THE WINTERS. GONNA GET SANDERS NEXT YEAR. WHAT DOES THE LCO STAND FOR. (NOT UP TO SPEED ON LINGO) THANKS

slow release
02-10-2005, 04:24 PM
LCO stands for Lawn Care Operator.Feel free to direct any of your customers who inquire about fertilizing, weed management etc.. in my direction. We're in the book

Best of luck :cool2:

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
02-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Is There Anyone That Is In The Seacoast Area That Does The Pesticide Or Something Else And Gets Alot Of Mowing Calls And Your Company Doesn't Mow, That Would Like To Try And Swap Work With Me? If I Get Calls That Are Geared Toward Your Business I'll Send Them Your Your Way?

SodKing
02-13-2005, 09:46 AM
Ace, I saw this post of yours with questions about pesticide applications, fertilizing. I think you will find that with my background you will see I am the most qualified applicator on the seacoast. If you have any quesitions about lawn care, landscaping, general business, feel free to call on me.

Heck you could even stop by the office. We are behind the MacDonalds in Seabrook Unit 33. I am not in much in the winter but you can always call me, (pm me for the #) I am usually close.

Erik

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
02-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Do You Guys Mow Lawns And Do The Maintenance Of The Lawns? I'm Looking To Try And Get In With Someone That Does Something Like The Pesticide But Doesn't Do Lawn Mowing.

SodKing
02-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Yes we do but your accounts are protected from the limited amount of marketing we do, we also will not bid on jobs that you are bidding on. You can trust us we service many landscapers clients.

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
02-15-2005, 03:38 PM
So You Guys Won't Try To Take Our Jobs If We Use You To Do The Pesticide And What Not. I Get Ya

slow release
02-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Ace, we do not do any mowing/maintenance :cool2:

SodKing
02-15-2005, 07:51 PM
So You Guys Won't Try To Take Our Jobs If We Use You To Do The Pesticide And What Not. I Get Ya

Thats correct. With us you get personalized service that caters to your clients lawn and your needs, unlike what you would get with a national chain or franchise. I can give you some references of other companies if you would like.

Erik

N.H.BOY
02-15-2005, 08:06 PM
ERIK(sodking) I know you guys are on the coast, but how far do you go towards the BIG LAKE? payup

SodKing
02-15-2005, 08:13 PM
We have some accounts in Rochester NH. If you have a full days route ~200,000 feet we can go just about anywhere.

3 daughters....and I thought 2 was a handful:)

N.H.BOY
02-15-2005, 09:10 PM
We have some accounts in Rochester NH. If you have a full days route ~200,000 feet we can go just about anywhere.

Yea I dont have full days work. Thanks for replying. Yea three girls, Live Free Or Die

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
02-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Ace, we do not do any mowing/maintenance :cool2:
you guys are out of portsmouth? do you get alot of calls for just south of ya rye, the hamptons, seabrook?

GreenMonster
02-16-2005, 08:14 AM

holy crap. 3? I thought 1 was a handful :dizzy:

Erik, we still need to catch up...... PM me.

slow release
02-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Ace, We have lots of acounts in those towns. The towns I handle personally include Newcastle, Rye, Greenland, Stratham, North Hampton. payup

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
02-16-2005, 10:45 AM
what kinda things do you guys offer? do you have a website?

slow release
02-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Ace, services we offer include fertilizing, crabgrass prevention, weed control, insect control (surface+sub-surface), fungicide applications, pelletized lime applications, core aeration, slice seeding. A typical customer receives 5 feedings per year, grub preventer, and is aerated in the fall. We use all granular fertilizer, no liquid feedings. Herbicides (weed killers) are applied seperately as a spray. :cool2:

SodKing
02-16-2005, 08:24 PM
what kinda things do you guys offer? do you have a website?

Ace you can visit our website at www.iwantgreengrass.com (http://www.iwantgreengrass.com/) to see all the services we offer. I think you will find that we are a well rounded, trustworthy company going on our 14th year of offering the seacoasts finest estates outstanding service.

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
02-22-2005, 12:16 PM
who did your website? we need to do that sometime soon and not sure who to go to.

SodKing
02-22-2005, 06:05 PM
A friend of mine owns Paynes Hill Media www.payneshill.com (http://www.payneshill.com/) and set uyp the original layout. I uploaded all the wording and pictures, and added more pages. But she can set up the whole site for you including hosting etc...

She and I used to run a political website, voted NHs best a couple yearws ago.

Erik