PDA

View Full Version : Starting A Landscape Business In Nh

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
01-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi,
I'm New To The Landscape Business. I Live In Nh I Wanted To See If Anyone Could Give Me Some Pointers On How They Keep Records And Come Up W/ Estimates And Run The Business I Guess. I Have A Partner In This With Me And So Far We've Been Doing It With Common Sense. WE ALSO DO PLOWING IN THE WINTER. WE WORK OUR REGULAR JOBS NOW THROUGH THE WINTER COME SPRING WE ARE GONNA GO AT IT WIDE OPEN. I'VE READ SOME OFTHE STUFF ON HERE ABOUT ADVERTISING. WE PUT FLYERS IN MAIL BOXES, I READ HERE TODAY THAT THAT IS A NO NO. ANY INFO SOMEONE COULD GIVE ME WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

GrassMasterNC
01-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Click on the link and email patrick. He's a stand-up guy - very professional and extremly knowledgable - he has a package you can order that is very affordable and offers YEARS worth of information. He'll also help you with your logos and is about to put out some awesome business software. It's all very affordable as well. http://www.lawncarebusiness.com/

Matt

crownls
01-26-2005, 10:41 AM
i learned last year when i got a call from the head postmaster of a nearby town. He said he legally has the right to charge me postage for every mailbox in the town. Even though I only hung flyers on outside of mailbox, and only put out about 100 flyers in one neighborhood. He took pity on me becuase i honestly didnt think there was a problem. Anyway the charge wouldve been about 1200.00. Hop onto the postal website for more info www.usps.com

James Cormier
01-26-2005, 11:20 AM
Hi,
I'm New To The Landscape Business. I Live In Nh I Wanted To See If Anyone Could Give Me Some Pointers On How They Keep Records And Come Up W/ Estimates And Run The Business I Guess. I Have A Partner In This With Me And So Far We've Been Doing It With Common Sense. WE ALSO DO PLOWING IN THE WINTER. WE WORK OUR REGULAR JOBS NOW THROUGH THE WINTER COME SPRING WE ARE GONNA GO AT IT WIDE OPEN. I'VE READ SOME OFTHE STUFF ON HERE ABOUT ADVERTISING. WE PUT FLYERS IN MAIL BOXES, I READ HERE TODAY THAT THAT IS A NO NO. ANY INFO SOMEONE COULD GIVE ME WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

Putting flyer's on mailboxes is against federal law, and its pretty low class way of growing a business. If your just starting out, do us all a favor and do things the right way. It may require you to spend some money, but thats what being in business is all about.

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
01-26-2005, 01:45 PM
I've Bought Books About Starting A Home Based Landscape Company And They Said Going Door To Door And Putting Flyers In Mail Boxes And Word Of Mouth Were Some Of The Best Ways To Get Business. I Guess I Don't Get Why It's Such A Low Class Of Getting Business. I Understand It Being Illegal Now. But Whats The Difference Between A Mass Mailing And Putting Flyers In Mailboxes. What Are Better Ways Other Than Through The Mail To Get Business In?

N.H.BOY
01-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Ace Man--- Welcome aboard. Now you do not have to put everthing in CAPITAL letters when writing in these treads.It gets alittle dizzy :dizzy: when reading it. Just my thoughts. Anyways what kind of stuff do you have ?ZTR's any WB. What do you have?How long have you been doing this? You will find alot of info on here. Good luck to you guys. Live free or die :waving:

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
01-27-2005, 08:14 AM
we bought a new zrt 355 i think. i haven't seen it in a few months. i have a 52"bobcat walk behind. a dr brush mower and i had bought a little z mower w/ bagger from home depot before i started the business. i want to sell it and get another walk behind. just got our llc finished on jan 7, 05. still dealing with accountants and insurance, lawyers.

exmarkhp
01-28-2005, 01:51 PM
I have a real stupid question but what does L.L.C. mean?

Lawnchoice
01-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Limited Liability Corporation