PDA

View Full Version : Decals For Your Truck

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
01-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Which Type Of Decal Is Better For Your Truck A Magnet Or The Vynle Ones?? The Magnets I've Heard Leave A Faded Mark On Your Truck. And I've Heard The Vynle Ones Colors Run After A Few Years?

GrassMasterNC
01-25-2005, 03:33 PM
if you are budget restricted or plan on getting a new truck soon, I would go with a magnetic sign. To prevent screwing up the side of your door, clean the spot where you intend on placing the magnetic sign very well, then wax both the door and the back of the magnetic sign. This helped me out and I have had no problems. (a realtor buddy gave me this advice)
Otherwise, I would go to a good sign shop or paint shop in your area and just have your "sign" and additional info painted on. I believe there was a thread on here earlier discussing this - popular vote suggested that paint jobs were the most professional and appealing. I'll be going with the paint job this year when I get the new truck. Driving the Tahoe right now and my wife would shoot me if I had it painted!

Matt

LawnScapers of Dayton
01-26-2005, 12:05 PM
has anyone ever heard of using the "cling" type vinyl decals on the windows of a vehicle????? The ones that can be removed and reapplied as needed..... I have not found anyone that makes them...

Derek

ACE LANDSCAPING, L.L.C.
01-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Those Cling Thing Are Like The X-mas Decorations You Put On Your Window And Reuse Each Year? I've Never Heard Of Anyone Using Them Or Making Them. I'd Think That They Would Blow Off Your Truck When Your Driveing. There Not Really Sticky. I'd Like To Hear If Anyone Has Used Them.

N.H.BOY
01-26-2005, 08:40 PM
ACE------ I have vinyl on my truck. It did start to peal back this winter because I plow also and I rubed up near a snow bank the other day. One of my friends does vinyl for his job. Need one done for your truck? Let me know, and I can get a price for you.

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
01-26-2005, 10:34 PM
I have vinyl lettering put on the front windshield and the side windows on extended cabs. Side windows have full info on the business. Don't have to worry about fading with these. If i sell the truck i peel the lettering off.

aquamtic
01-27-2005, 04:25 PM
I am very familiar and also operate a small sign business. Many of you who have problems with viny fading and peeling off, its due to the quality of vinyl used. Most sign shops are using a 2-5 year vinyl. Higher quality finals come with up to 10 year warranties on fading and its a much thicker mill and stronger adhesive that can take a beating for many years.

As for the magnets they also work great just clean both surfaces well to prevnt and scratching. But what they are very well know for is flying off the vehicle at times.

If you have any concerns with the fading and peeling, just request a higher quality vinyl. Any questions feel free to email me at pgsystems@cox.net

superdave
01-28-2005, 12:42 AM
I've got vinyl on mine. Down both sides and on the tailgate. I didn't like the magnetic signs because I believe they will scratch and I think it looks like your not committed to what your doing. (I'm sure someone on here has been at this for 20 years with the same magnetic sign on his truck) but it's just what I think when I see one. Vinyl's not cheap but I think It's worth it.