PDA

View Full Version : Postcard designs

mtdman
01-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Here's my postcard designs for direct mailing this spring. These will be the fronts, with b&w text on the back. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

:D

http://tjslawncare.com/board/mowing4.gif

tonygreek
01-25-2005, 02:53 PM
mtd, i absolutely love the top design. great logo colors and it really stands out on the flat green(s) background. nice work by your designer.

tony

marko
01-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Were those made online or local mtd???

N.H.BOY
01-25-2005, 04:52 PM
znice looking postcard mtd. Who are you going to get for mailing out for those postcards? I was looking at 48hourprint, but COASTAL put a good web link here the other day.

mtdman
01-25-2005, 08:21 PM
The person that did my logo design last year did them. I'll post her email for yas. Not sure where I'm going to get them done, or how I'm going to send them out. I've got a list already, thinking about doing it myself.

The design woman is Julie Tiedens and her email is: julie@bohtieque.com. I met her on designoutpost.com and she did my logo, I highly recommend her.

PTP
01-25-2005, 09:49 PM
The designs look good. No doubt about that. Here are some thoughts. Take them for what you think that they are worth.

Maybe they look to professional. If you were a customer and got that in the mail, would you think something like, "The grass in the picture sure looks good. It looks like this guy is a real professional. I bet that he does a good job but he probably charges a lot."

Here is another thing.

The last thing that I would want if I was a customer would be a free estimate. I know, I know, how else are you going to get them the price? What the customer really wants is the price. They don't want someone to come over to their house and take up their time. "The guy will probably not show up on time anyway. Then when he gets here, he will probably try to sell me something that I do not want."

Perhaps you can get around the traditional "Free Estimate" somehow and make it a little more convenient for your customers.

TotalCareSolutions
01-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Very good. I disagree with PTP regarding the free estimate and I have sent 1/2 dozen mail out campaigns.

ALarsh
01-25-2005, 10:36 PM
I like, I like. How much did you dish out for those designs?

fairwayCuts
01-25-2005, 11:02 PM
LOOKS GREAT :blob3: :cool2: :blob3: !!!! Let us know how the response is.

mtdman
01-26-2005, 11:47 AM
The designs look good. No doubt about that. Here are some thoughts. Take them for what you think that they are worth.

Maybe they look to professional. If you were a customer and got that in the mail, would you think something like, "The grass in the picture sure looks good. It looks like this guy is a real professional. I bet that he does a good job but he probably charges a lot."

Here is another thing.

The last thing that I would want if I was a customer would be a free estimate. I know, I know, how else are you going to get them the price? What the customer really wants is the price. They don't want someone to come over to their house and take up their time. "The guy will probably not show up on time anyway. Then when he gets here, he will probably try to sell me something that I do not want."

Perhaps you can get around the traditional "Free Estimate" somehow and make it a little more convenient for your customers.

Not to be rude, but I disagree. You get one chance and once chance only to catch someone's eye before they toss the advertisement in the mail. Low budget, crappy looking ads aren't going to do it. I wanted the cards to be eye catching and appealing. AND, I don't want the customer that's looking for the cheapest service, I want the customer that wants the best quality and is willing to pay for it. The ads need to make me look professional and give the idea of quality, not the cheapest guy around. If that scares off the cheap-os that are looking for fly by night joe to cut their grass and go for $10 a week, I'm all for it.

Secondly, I've always used the Free Estimate thingy on all advertisements, as does the majority of businesses that give free estimates for their service. When someone comes up with a way to convey the idea of free estimates without the use of the words free estimates, I'll reconsider. People want to know the price for service, but how else are they going to find out without me showing up to give the estimate, for free? I certainly don't have time to go through every house in my mailing list and write down the estimate before I send it to them, and I don't give blind prices without looking. I don't think that free estimate thingy is an obstacle to getting work. ANd once again, if a few folks wanna be difficult about an estimate, then I'm better off without them.

ladibugg
01-26-2005, 12:42 PM
:waving: MTDMAN...very nicely said. The ad should target your desired demographic and disregard the undesirables.

Bushwhacked
01-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Very nice , I like the second one with the clouds. The curves with your services listed match the curve with the 1995-2005 and seems to flow better.
Really nice both of them. :waving:

mtdman
01-26-2005, 03:37 PM
I hear that those curves look like boobs from the women I've asked. The designer did one with three curves.

http://tjslawncare.com/board/mowing41.gif

Bushwhacked
01-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Well then I like the boob job (LOL), one boob is bigger than the other ? :p

ALarsh
01-26-2005, 06:23 PM
No answer to my question?

mtdman
01-26-2005, 07:27 PM
No answer to my question?

I don't know yet. She charges per hour, I haven't finalized anything yet or paid her.

:D

ALarsh
01-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Ok, thanks. Please let us know when you know how much it is. :)

Smithers
01-26-2005, 08:12 PM
i like the very top....not so much the one with the curves.

N.H.BOY
01-26-2005, 08:15 PM
i like the very top....not so much the one with the curves.

I like the top too!!! :p But I also like curves :p You dont like curves pentrentz??? LOL

mtdman
02-06-2005, 02:04 AM
I've sorta come up with some text to throw on the back of the postcards. Let me know what ya think.

http://tjslawncare.com/board/backside1.jpg

Smithers
02-06-2005, 09:38 AM
I like the top too!!! :p But I also like curves :p You dont like curves pentrentz??? LOL
i never saw this post. oops....i like curves too. the more the better!!! :):)

Tom, i like it. but i think the paragraph needs a break somewhere in the middle...too many sentenses too close together.