PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy Flooring

Petr51488
01-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Hey guys. I recently ordered a 6x12 trailer and was wondering about the flooring on it. Some one told me to put in epoxy flooring in on the floor. I would like to do this so the fuel and gass doesnt soak into the wood. Will epoxy work good on wood? Any disadvantages with using epoxy? Also, how thick of a layer will it leave? I want to change the walls on the trailer becuase i think it comes with the cheap luan wood. (Very thin) Any ideas??

scott's turf
01-26-2005, 06:42 AM
I put down some cheap linolium on the floor and used 2X12's on the bottom of the walls on each side to protect the thin luan. I also painted the walls white to make it a little brighter in there.

jim dailey
01-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Hey guys. I recently ordered a 6x12 trailer and was wondering about the flooring on it. Some one told me to put in epoxy flooring in on the floor. I would like to do this so the fuel and gass doesnt soak into the wood. Will epoxy work good on wood? Any disadvantages with using epoxy? Also, how thick of a layer will it leave? I want to change the walls on the trailer becuase i think it comes with the cheap luan wood. (Very thin) Any ideas??

Last year I built my own enclosed trailer, 20' long with the "V" nose. I ran 5/8" plywood (12" high) around the edges to stop the equipment from causing damage. I sprayed the inside of the trailer gloss white to brighten things up. Then I went and got the epoxy flooring, and some "play sand". Did the whole foor and the 12" high strips of plywood. Sprinkled the play sand throughout, and everything looks great. Don't have to worry about slipping around on a shiny-smooth floor, because of the grit of the play sand. Have fun. JIM

mmacsek
01-26-2005, 08:38 AM
I have an 18' enclosed that I bought last year, January 2004. It has 3/8" plywood on the walls. I painted the floor with MAB floor and deck enamel and mixed playsand so it wouldn't be like an ice skating rink when wet. The walls I used a semi gloss white. The floor is white also. The paint has held up well. I used a primer and 2 finish coats all around. The plywood is like a big SPONGE. I don't know what the cost is for epoxy but I think the total cost was around $100 for the paint and rollers. Matt

FERT-TEK
01-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Here is a cool idea for the floor of your trailer somone suggested to me. You can go two routes with this cheep or expensive. Expensive first, go to your local Line-x dealer and have the spray in bedliner stuff applied to your floor or cheap version is go to your local auto parts store and buy a do it yourself version of the spray in bed liner that is applied with a roller. I have an open air trailer and I am thinking about having my lift gate done with it. My only concern is how much weight I might be adding to it when I try to raise or lower it.

Petr51488
01-26-2005, 03:13 PM
The line-x will cost to much.. i think i will go with the rust-oleum epoxy shield garage floor coating.. the only thing i am worried about is if it will crack if i put any type of heavy weight on it.. other than that.. im not too worried. Any help on that?