PDA

View Full Version : My new Logo!

lrunner
01-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Okay guys, just wanted to know what you all thought of my new logo. I thought it was kind of cool and might attract some attention. We'll see! :blob3:

N.H.BOY
01-25-2005, 06:07 PM
To me anyways, the trimmer looks way to small, it's hard to see it. Looks alright other than that. The smaller it gets in total size the harder I think you will see it
Good luck dude :waving: .

JKOOPERS
01-25-2005, 06:13 PM
i would try to make it alittle more professional. just think about the message you will send your costumers just my .02

blair smock
01-25-2005, 06:17 PM
sort of hard to see, Also you may want to chk and see if it is copy write infringement to use the RR? Just a thought-

lrunner
01-25-2005, 06:18 PM
i would try to make it alittle more professional. just think about the message you will send your costumers just my .02

So why do you think it looks too unprofessional? Is it the cartoon figure. I've seen a lot of successful businesses that use cartoon figures. Maybe i'm wrong. i but thanks for the reply. :)

GrassBustersLawn
01-25-2005, 06:32 PM
I'd hope LOONEY TUNES or whoever owns the rights to ROAD RUNNER likeness doesn't see it!

Mike

specialtylc
01-25-2005, 07:57 PM
I dont see a problem using a cartoon figure in your logo, since I use one in my logo. As far as copy infringement it looks like a generic cartoon figure to me, not the actual Road Runner. But it is hard to tell what he is holding. I would suggest something with a mower in it, more readily identifiable.

Eddie B
01-25-2005, 08:25 PM
it looks like a road sign that warns you of construction ahead. ;)

Green-Pro
01-25-2005, 09:49 PM
JKOOPERS i would try to make it alittle more professional. just think about the message you will send your costumers just my .02

Gotta go with KOOPERS on this one, it looks o.k. for now but down the road maybe something you regret/done differently? Think what type of customers you want to target, and ask yourself if this is something they would "buy into"
Names, slogans, and logos are probably a few of the most important items in your company, that is to say once an image is associated with your company it will be difficult to change that perception no matter what you do.

My .02 also, Good luck

www.designoutpost.com

:waving:

-Geoff

llama
01-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Looks ok to me. the one thing i may change would be to use the light blue and dark blue lines on the perimeter of the sign instead of the red/yellow. that way it would match the roadrunner

tonygreek
01-25-2005, 11:21 PM
i'd really watch out for the infringement aspect. it's such a well known character, that even "close", is too close. we just had a local auto repair business receive a cease and decist, followed by a suit, for using a well known character on their signage. if you aren't aware, those guys hire companies whose sole purpose for existence is tracking down infringement of one's marks, as well as monitoring the web and media for "unflattering" comments.

TotalCareSolutions
01-25-2005, 11:29 PM
The message is your fast, dangerous and wreak havoc?

The yellow sign is very good though...
I like the sign!

How about a STOP sign? and a trusty police man quoting your average lawn price or something??? "STOP! Affordable Lawn Care Ahead!"

ALarsh
01-25-2005, 11:32 PM
In all honesty, that is the worst logo I have ever seen. I don't even think it is a logo, but more like something from clip art. I have no idea what your business name is from that logo and I can't even make out what the figure in the "logo" looks like.

Throw that clip art out and start back at the drawing boards. Not trying to be mean here but honestly speaking.

Bushwhacked
01-26-2005, 04:54 PM
I can't tell what he's doing, is he running with the trimmer , or is the trimmer running (head spinning)...? I would say make it clearer.

lrunner
01-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks a lot people. I will take your advise and go back to the drawing board. By the way, the name of my comp. is Lawn Runner Landscape and Design. Maybe i'll just keep it simple. Thanks. :drinkup: