PDA

View Full Version : Fertilization Program In MI help

Axl
01-25-2005, 09:29 PM
I want to add fertilization to my services so and I was wondering if anyone has a program that they could recomend to me. I live in the detroit area of Michigan.

MrBarefoot
01-26-2005, 07:19 PM
If you are not licensed and certified by the Michigan Dept. Agriculture, you should sub it out to me.

PR Fect
01-27-2005, 11:04 PM
AXL, welcome to lawnsite. The question you ask is not easily answered. You need to know what type of grass is in the turf you want to fert. Shade or Sun. Irrigation or not. High use lawn, what degree or quilty of lawn does the client wish to pay for....ect ...ect .....ect. Take a class at your local tec school. Read some turfgrass books, or take a state sponsored certification coarse. Then you can ask a question that can be answered.

mastercare
01-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Go to Lesco.com and they have charts describing what ferts should be put down when, and for what type of grass. It gives you generalities, however the conditions of the actual lawns you service will determine the exact match. Go to Lesco (in Troy) and they'll be able to set you up right.

LEsco in troy is on a street called Larchwood. It is off of John R. just south of 15 Mile. Their stuff isn't cheap, but the guys there really know their stuff.

green with envy
02-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Still get certified and get a pesticide business license. It is not worth getting busted. And some one will turn you in if you are not legit.

Mike

amw
02-10-2005, 11:06 AM
If i remember right to get a Biz. lic. to apply anything OTHER then straight fert. you have to have a full time employee with atleast 2 years experiance in applying, this would be if you want to put down... pestasides, crabgrass prev., weed-n-feed, round up, ect... working for you.

if you ONLY apply fert (with nothin else in it) you need NO lic.

(this is what the MDA told me about 3 years ago, unless its changed sence)

just tryin to help out....

MrBarefoot
02-10-2005, 04:02 PM
If i remember right to get a Biz. lic. to apply anything OTHER then straight fert. you have to have a full time employee with atleast 2 years experiance in applying, this would be if you want to put down... pestasides, crabgrass prev., weed-n-feed, round up, ect... working for you.

if you ONLY apply fert (with nothin else in it) you need NO lic.

(this is what the MDA told me about 3 years ago, unless its changed sence)

just tryin to help out....

You are almost 100% correct. Some communities like St. Clair Shores, West Bloomfield and Bloomfield Hills, require you to get a permit from them also. Those communities have higher requirements then the MDA, and they strictly enforce them (especially St. Clair Shores). Even if you only want to apply straight fert, I would check with the cities you want to operate in and make sure you can.

jmkr02
01-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Looking for someone to sub out fert services to in Dearborn Heights