PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu/GMC/Chevy Cabover Owners!

rookie03
01-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Have a question for all Isuzu/GMC/Chevy Cabover Owners!

I'm looking for ramps for the cabover trucks. What do you suggest? And how much should I expect to spend? I'm kinda wanting the double piece ramp, but want to hear what you all think is the best. And I'm not paying that much for the superlawntruck ramp. Thanks!

rookie03
01-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Where are the cabover owners? Please help! I'll have the ZTR crying and begging to get up in the box truck if I don't know of a place to get a ramp. I guess I could take on and the jobs that have a loading dock close by. Nah, I would rather have a ramp on the back of the truck. So, what's the best ramp to buy???

Bunton Guy
01-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Have a dove tail built outside of the bed. The builder will install the ramp onto that. I had mine done with a split ramp for $1800.00 I painted it myself seing that I have all the painting equipment so it was a little cheaper.

Cutters Lawn Care
01-28-2005, 01:21 PM
I did the same as Bunton Guy. Just take it to a local welding shop and show them pictures of what you are wanting. I have a 4ft dovetail with 4ft split ramps. Cost me 1150 for them to build it and they painted it. Make sure you have some raised expanded metal on it for traction.

rookie03
01-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the help guys! I was hoping to not have to get the dovetail unless I go with the landscape body. With the box truck, I don't want the dovetail version. I just wanted a ramp right off the back end of the box. Any ideas?

DMAN
01-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Hey Rookie,

Check out discountramps.com for what you are looking for. I too will be purchasing from them soon for my new cabover.

Dman

hulan2
01-28-2005, 04:50 PM
I have an Isuzu box truck that the box sits down over the tires.(has the metal boxes inside the box like a pick-up) If yours is the same you can do what I did, 7' double ramps with 3 ea. helper springs on each side. I did not want the dove tail either, so I went with this set up. I am sure though that if your box sits up over the tires you will have to use a dove tail. This cost me $650 painted and installed.

rookie03
01-29-2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks hulan2. I've seen a few setups with the the box sitting up over the tires and they have double ramps like 12' long. I have no idea where they got them from though. A setup like you are suggesting would be a lot easier though. The dovetail inside the box.

ant
06-10-2006, 09:13 PM
any pictuers? the set up sounds interesting..
ant