PDA

View Full Version : Lesco 36

blade11
01-29-2001, 10:39 PM
I was interested in reading some feedback about a used mower that I am considering purchasing from another lawn care guy in my area. It is a Lesco 36" Walk Behind Mower with 14.6 HP, two blades, 4 speeds and a bagger. It is a few years old and was only run once last year. He is looking to unload it because he is buying a new walkbehind. I am working on expanding business and need another mower but can't quite afford to buy a new one from a local retailer yet. I am not very familiar with the Lesco brand so any info would be helpful. Thanks!

geogunn
01-29-2001, 10:59 PM
blade11--congrats on your first post. and it's on one of my favorite mower subjects...LESCO.

I have an older lesco 48 belt with the 14 kawasaki. my experience has been great with this machine.

lesco makes great mowers for the money, generally speaking.

if the money is right, buy it with confidence.

good luck.

GEO

lakegastonla
01-29-2001, 11:05 PM
I've got two of the 48 inch belt drive Lesco mowers and one bobcat 48 inch . The Lesco's are my favorites because they are overbuilt to the hilt. Cant go wrong if the price is right for the used one in question.

Barkleymut
01-30-2001, 12:21 AM
I've got a '98 36" mower that I bought new. This thing is undestructable. Some of the safety devices have failed but they only slowed me down to begin with. I just replaced the drive belts and blade belt even though the original ones were still holding on. God only knows how many millions of hours I've put on that beast.