PDA

View Full Version : Permagreen Magnum

Harvestman
01-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Have any of you southern boys purchased one of these? I know the ultra gets a lot of bad press here, but I'm considering buying one of the new magnums. I'm also looking at the z-spray. It (z-spray) is about 200 lbs heaver then the permagreen also i'm concerned about the boom sprayer it looks cumbersome.And yes i did a search :) I'm looking for up to date info on the permagreen. Thanks Harvestman

ForeverGreen
01-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Harvest, just thinking about the same post as its time to think spring in Ohio (right)? I was hoping to find someone with at least 50 hours on this machine for the comments.I always hear of these machines being shipped to the southwest so should be some experience out there.

E-9 Lawncare
01-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Have any of you southern boys purchased one of these? I know the ultra gets a lot of bad press here, but I'm considering buying one of the new magnums. I'm also looking at the z-spray. It (z-spray) is about 200 lbs heaver then the permagreen also i'm concerned about the boom sprayer it looks cumbersome.And yes i did a search :) I'm looking for up to date info on the permagreen. Thanks Harvestman

I'm looking for some reviews on the Magnum as well. I sent an e-mail to Tom Rich because I was concerned with the boom, and he responded by saying that you tell them how you want it, they will build it...

ForeverGreen
01-26-2005, 07:30 PM
E-9 LT Rich told me the same thing at the Columbus Oh show last Dec, any combination of engines tanks booms that you wanted they would build.I believe its "what ever it takes" and thats not all bad these days. They really want the business. FG

Russ
01-27-2005, 03:10 AM
EDITED BY ADMIN....DO NOT OWN PRODUCT AND OFF TOPIC

morturf
01-27-2005, 03:35 AM
Have to say......if you get a PG and u have hills be prepaired to run. All the ones I have seen around here are chasing them and I am riding. It is awesome in the tight spots. Get the one that suits ya, ride them both first.

smoke johnson
01-27-2005, 06:40 AM
EDITED BY ADMIN - OFF TOPIC

qps
01-27-2005, 09:39 AM

Magnum??? don't know....Centri ride on...got one with 200 hrs....biggest waste of time and money on a piece of equipment, if you buy one budget for all the repair parts and trips to your shrink for the "bad things" the voices in your head will be telling you to do when the thing breaks down every other time you use it...z-spray....demo one last fall....got one on order for Feb.

mwallingford
01-27-2005, 11:03 AM

greenngrow
01-27-2005, 01:24 PM
I like my PG. I have had it for over 3 years now.... Just have to get it fixed noe that my guy lost it and the carrier last month.... :angry: :angry:

Hey Marty how has it been going..... Good to see you again.... :rolleyes: LOL

ForeverGreen
01-27-2005, 01:37 PM
"OUCH" looks like an easy fix, was the damage just to the sulkey ??

greenngrow
01-27-2005, 02:15 PM
No Here is another Picture I could only down load one picture :dizzy:

The other sites have more than one upload so here goes..... :waving:

I don't know how much it going to cost to get it all fixed back...... :realmad:

ForeverGreen
01-27-2005, 02:32 PM
"Not Good" any chance the insurance co will be involved in this one. Hope you didnt get into the main frame. I just made a new PG carrier stepdown bracket for my 05 F350 (sat too high) and was wondering what to expect if it ever let go, now I know.

qps
01-27-2005, 02:56 PM
No Here is another Picture I could only down load one picture :dizzy:

The other sites have more than one upload so here goes..... :waving:

I don't know how much it going to cost to get it all fixed back...... :realmad:

got one I'll sell you :)

greenngrow
01-27-2005, 03:12 PM
"Not Good" any chance the insurance co will be involved in this one. Hope you didnt get into the main frame. I just made a new PG carrier stepdown bracket for my 05 F350 (sat too high) and was wondering what to expect if it ever let go, now I know.
The carrier and the PG came off the receiver. The pin that goes through the hitch was missing....... :realmad: The next time The pin will have a lock....

greenngrow
01-27-2005, 03:13 PM
got one I'll sell you :)
How much $$$$???

DUSTYCEDAR
01-27-2005, 03:58 PM
so has anyone bought the magnum yet?

turfsurfer
01-27-2005, 05:40 PM
EDITED BY ADMIN -OFF TOPIC DID NOT OWN PRODUCT EITHER

qps
01-27-2005, 06:58 PM

Keep and eye on your tranny in the 05 f350, mine is in the shop today with a crack in the tranny case, 2800 miles.....not good....something about a snap ring failure....

qps
01-27-2005, 06:59 PM
How much $$$$???

make me a reasonable offer. :)

greenngrow
01-27-2005, 07:46 PM
make me a reasonable offer. :)
Lets see some pictures...... What year is it.... The amount of hours.....

You know the usual things you need to list when you want to sell something..... :D

If you want you can PM..

Thanks

teeca
01-27-2005, 10:31 PM
EDITED BY ADMIN - OFF TOPIC AND DID NOT OWN PRODUCT

ForeverGreen
01-28-2005, 08:01 AM
Keep and eye on your tranny in the 05 f350, mine is in the shop today with a crack in the tranny case, 2800 miles.....not good....something about a snap ring failure....
Thanks, There is quite a thread on Ford Truck Enthusiast FTE on this and a ton of other issues, if you have not visited this site I would consider it as it is "the best" Ted

DUSTYCEDAR
01-28-2005, 10:33 AM
for the price i like my old pg it works well

Harvestman
02-01-2005, 07:18 AM
EDITED BY ADMIN - OFF TOPIC AND DID NOT OWN PRODUCT

teeca
02-01-2005, 08:47 PM
harvestman, try going to www.spyker.com they have it all listed.

James Cormier
02-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Hold On everybody....just got back from NewEngland grows and I think I found the machine that will replace my PG's and its not the z

http://csturfequip.com/Time%20Machine/SS8012.htm

Ive seen photos of this machine, and thought it looked awkward, but in person it awesome, small and nimble like the pg's and Hydro drive like the Zspray.

Everyone looking to replace the PG should look hard at this machine!

Harvestman
02-01-2005, 09:33 PM
James that thing sure looks ugly.

ForeverGreen
02-01-2005, 09:34 PM
and these folks will only charge you $70.00 hr labor to work on it off warranty,been there done that with C&S Turf :) No thanks, Saw this (machine) at the Columbus show (love the seat) Jim Good Luck !!!!!!!!! Ted

E-9 Lawncare
02-01-2005, 10:49 PM
I would have to see that machine in person...Looks like you might need to wear a cup on rough lawns....

I saw the Magnum at the LCAP Winter Seminar today. It looks very much improved over the 01 Centri I use, but Lesco didn't put it into action...

qps
02-01-2005, 10:55 PM

You would have a sore neck from looking behind you all the time to see if the thing was spraying or not....no thanks...doesn't look like it holds that much weed control either.....z-spray due in next week :)

TSM
02-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Hold On everybody....just got back from NewEngland grows and I think I found the machine that will replace my PG's and its not the z

http://csturfequip.com/Time%20Machine/SS8012.htm

Ive seen photos of this machine, and thought it looked awkward, but in person it awesome, small and nimble like the pg's and Hydro drive like the Zspray.

Everyone looking to replace the PG should look hard at this machine!

hey Jim, heard you were in Boston today, i missed ya. I've looked at C&S machines in past years at NE Grows (though i didnt see them there today, but i didnt spend much time on the trade floor, i'll be back tomorrow and will spend a few hours checking out the show), I guess its an ok machine. Thing about that machine and the Z-spray....cant jump curbs??

if you read this before 6:00am wednesday and you plan on being in Boston wednesday send me a PM with your cell #, we can do lunch?

Pilgrims' Pride
02-02-2005, 06:30 AM

James Cormier
02-02-2005, 10:34 AM

Im not worried about ugly, I want it to work well.

E-9,The seat is optional, not sure if its really needed, with out it you wouldnt need a cup

Ted, You must know more about C&S because of personal experiences, that I am interested in, Ive use there ride on units back in the mid 80's so I know they have been around for a long time.

GPS, thats really not a issue, when you riding any machine you should be constantly looking around watching what your doing, looking down near you feet is not gonna give you neck problems.

Bob, Far less parts than on the Z, Yes the z is built like a tank, but this machine( c&s ) is put together well, by a proven company that has been in this industry for a long while. You own enough machines...no more for you! :p

Ken, I looked for you, didnt have any number with me, traffic was a nightmare getting into boston, I didnt even see the malcap booth. If I go on Thursday I may wait until late morning to try and miss all the early am traffic. BTW , I got my malcap winter meeting letter the day the meeting was taking place, Jan 10. it was postmarked Jan 9th, whats up with that? Oh, while checking out the Zspray, the guy next to me, looks at me and says " Jim Cormier?" it was Rob Shaugher, we talked for awhile, He may stop by my office on his way home thursday.

I gonna start a thread on why I like this machine

qps
02-02-2005, 11:33 AM
:) Im not worried about ugly, I want it to work well.

E-9,The seat is optional, not sure if its really needed, with out it you wouldnt need a cup

Ted, You must know more about C&S because of personal experiences, that I am interested in, Ive use there ride on units back in the mid 80's so I know they have been around for a long time.

GPS, thats really not a issue, when you riding any machine you should be constantly looking around watching what your doing, looking down near you feet is not gonna give you neck problems.

Bob, Far less parts than on the Z, Yes the z is built like a tank, but this machine( c&s ) is put together well, by a proven company that has been in this industry for a long while. You own enough machines...no more for you! :p

Ken, I looked for you, didnt have any number with me, traffic was a nightmare getting into boston, I didnt even see the malcap booth. If I go on Thursday I may wait until late morning to try and miss all the early am traffic. BTW , I got my malcap winter meeting letter the day the meeting was taking place, Jan 10. it was postmarked Jan 9th, whats up with that? Oh, while checking out the Zspray, the guy next to me, looks at me and says " Jim Cormier?" it was Rob Shaugher, we talked for awhile, He may stop by my office on his way home thursday.

I gonna start a thread on why I like this machine

I agree Jim, but I would rather be looking ahead seeing the fert and liquid at the same time and not looking behind the unit, at base price of 6K its not that much cheaper than a z-sprayer. but the more to chose from the better. :)

KLR
02-02-2005, 09:27 PM

Jim, best to get on MALCP's email list. Then you'll get everything well in advance. Remember its all volunteers and most, like us, take time off in winter so short hands make for late mailings. :)

It was a very good seminar, sorry you missed it.

morturf
02-02-2005, 09:45 PM
The thing about this machine is that that nozzle behind you is not a good idea. I tried the Turf tracker at the GIE. The machine had a full spray tank of water and I took off on it it popped a wheelie. Ok I thought, so I turned on the sprayer and started up a small hill.....it popped another wheelie so stepped off the machine just like I would on my z-spray and got soaked legs. There were 2 other guys there from another part of the country and we laughed. Glad I was not spraying chemicals. It immediately made me wonder. I also didn't like the drive levers, there was nothing to hold onto like the z-spray, this is needed when you are trying do some work on uneven ground. I think this is an ok unit for a flat even and small yard. That was just my take on the C&S. Don't forget the Stainless thing. That z-spray is not gonna rust!!

Rob Spread & Spray
02-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Great to finally meet Ken and James. That was funny James, just another reason why I always say things happen for a reason. LOL

I too have heard the thing about poppin wheelies on the C&S machine. Man there is a lot of bad experiences with the PermaGreen here. I have had all the same problems, rear axle, front transaxle, pumps, generators, electrical............... Man why do we stay with this thing? Ken and I had a while to chat today about things. Glad we got that time today Ken.

Its time to take a serious look now at things. I guess we will all have to wait a while to get feedback on the Magnum. I saw it in Charlotte at its premier before the show opened. Looks like they have really made a revamp under the hood.