PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase applicator lawn signs?

jajwrigh
01-27-2005, 01:07 AM
"keep off the grass, application made" you know that kind of sign? Where can they be customized and ordered from?

kppurn
01-27-2005, 02:30 AM
I order them through blackburnflag.com (http://blackburnflag.com).

Harvestman
01-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Try RND signs rndsigns.com i think.

ThreeWide
01-27-2005, 09:05 AM
I've been pleased with the Blackburn signs.

They hold up well and do not bleed after being rained on.

marko
01-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Blackburn has a link at the top of the page. I have used them before and they were top quality

jajwrigh
01-27-2005, 09:47 PM
That looks like a good site and I am planning on using it. Thanks guys!! :waving:

DiscoveryLawn
01-29-2005, 10:40 AM
I buy mine from PERFCO.com

David

LwnmwrMan22
01-29-2005, 12:00 PM
"keep off the grass, application made" you know that kind of sign? Where can they be customized and ordered from?

I get mine from Lesco, then just run them through the printer at home.

Personally, I like them to bleed a little.

My reasoning is, since you really only post for 24 hours, until the product / chemical is dry, you know if there's been water on the grass within 24 hours.

This way I can tell if someone has left the irrigation on when I had scheduled it to be turned off, therefore a customer's "fault" and not mine when / if the chemical was washed off.

I can then take it into a manager or a homeowner and say "the irrigation was left on, most likely the product SHOULD work, but if a re-app needs to be done, I just want you to know that it's not from my end of the contract".

Eliminates one more area where I could be held accountable for a re-app.

They already say "This area chemically treated"
"Keep pets and children off until _________"

I set it up in my publishing program to print the word "dry" on the line, then my company name / city and phone number.

Green Dreams
01-29-2005, 04:06 PM
I always thought those signs said, "Hey, dude. Want another customer?"

ThreeWide
01-29-2005, 05:25 PM
I previously was running my Lesco signs through the printer as well. The signs just didn't hold up in wind, much less rain.

About the not bleeding thing......

Just last week I got a call from a HOA looking for service in 2005. They saw my application sign posted at another neighborhood entrance in the area.

The HOA people won't pull the sign that often, so it is essentially a free ad. If I get this new account, the Blackburn signs will have paid for themselves already.

Lux Lawn
01-29-2005, 05:52 PM
I usually pick mine up at Lesco when I get my Fertilizer.

William J. L.
02-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, we have three Lesco's in this area, and we normally get their all-in-one-piece
flag. The cardboard ones with the stake are ok I guess but they break too easy and sometimes you have to tell the crew to keep the stakes and the signs together or they're useless (not the crew, the signs) :)

This year I'm looking for a nice customized flag...maybe I'll try the suggested site mentioned above

William J. L.
02-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I order them through blackburnflag.com (http://blackburnflag.com).
Hey

I took your advice and used Blackburn. Great customer service and we got our custom flags in a matter of days

Thanks

gvpa20
02-18-2005, 09:23 PM
I get mine from Lesco, then just run them through the printer at home.

Personally, I like them to bleed a little.

My reasoning is, since you really only post for 24 hours, until the product / chemical is dry, you know if there's been water on the grass within 24 hours.

This way I can tell if someone has left the irrigation on when I had scheduled it to be turned off, therefore a customer's "fault" and not mine when / if the chemical was washed off.

I can then take it into a manager or a homeowner and say "the irrigation was left on, most likely the product SHOULD work, but if a re-app needs to be done, I just want you to know that it's not from my end of the contract".

Eliminates one more area where I could be held accountable for a re-app.

They already say "This area chemically treated"
"Keep pets and children off until _________"

I set it up in my publishing program to print the word "dry" on the line, then my company name / city and phone number.
I took it one step farther. I bought the Lesco signs once then I scanned one and personalized it on the computer and make a 8 1/2" by 11" sign print it in black ink ( saves money ) and then take it to office Depot and get copies made on Colored card stock paper. I'm not paying all that money for a waxed sign to be made when it only has to be in the lawn for 24 hrs. Plus the larger sign is good advertising.

Grassmechanic
02-19-2005, 11:30 AM
I took it one step farther. I bought the Lesco signs once then I scanned one and personalized it on the computer and make a 8 1/2" by 11" sign print it in black ink ( saves money ) and then take it to office Depot and get copies made on Colored card stock paper. I'm not paying all that money for a waxed sign to be made when it only has to be in the lawn for 24 hrs. Plus the larger sign is good advertising.

You might want to run that by your state dept of agriculture. They have the specs that you need to follow regarding lawn signs (size, ink color, etc).

kipcom
02-20-2005, 01:17 PM
I have kids in the summer come and give them to me LOL...I have NO idea where they get them :nono: