PDA

View Full Version : selling your bids

jay
01-30-2001, 12:59 AM
What are different ways you guys present yourself to your potential clients? How do you sell yourselfs? How do you sell yourselfs to presidents ceo's that you never meet? The ones where they have thier management take all the bids for them, and then all the owner will see is the prices.

jay
01-31-2001, 01:14 AM
No, thoughts on this guys.

George777
01-31-2001, 09:01 AM
Hello Jay, I have found a lot of info on bidding by doing a search.
I like to try to get with the person who has the power to accept the bid.
I found that my first contact will be over the phone. no need in wasting time if they have just closed with someone else. If they give me the ok, I will go look @ the location and write up the bid. I will then drop it off with the person who has the power. I tell them "I would love to earn thier business." I like to get eyeball to eyeball with them. I won't leave my bid with an employee. I then wait about 3-4 days and will follow thru and drop in and ask the owner if he got the chance to review my propasal and that I'm looking forward to starting. (He will tell you what he thinks @ this point)

Most of the time these guys are busy and they might not have much time with you. I believe you have a better chance of getting the job if you keep persistent. Be confident in yourself and go for it.
Jay I hope this might have helped. Just go out and do-it.
Keep a log book so you can track what is happening.

1. find Location
2. Call(ask for owner or manager)
3. write up bid
4. Submit bid to owner/manager
5. Most important FOLLOW THRU in person
6. Close (act as if you got the account)
7. always be confident and dress for success

TGCummings
01-31-2001, 09:16 AM
Jay,

I just try to behave in a professional manner at all times, but try not to behave to 'stiff'. I see it as two professionals talking business, but also as just two people meeting for the first time. I try to be myself and remain cool and collected. It's my service they are soliciting and me they're going to get.

Generally, people like to make new contacts and acquaintances as well as make business, so just try to stay relaxed. Remember that you always have other options, same as they.

Hope that all made sense. ;)

-TGC

jay
02-01-2001, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the help, but the owners that I'm speaking of live out of town which makes it real hard to talk face to face too. I'm thinking of including some writings about my business in with my bid.

kutnkru
02-01-2001, 10:28 PM
Tell them about other properties you currently maintain that are comparable to their site, or those that have requested a bid from you.

Odds are good that if the upper management does not meet regularly at Chamber of Commerce meetings on every first Wednesday of the month that they will probably cross paths at a golfing event during the course of the season with other prospects.

Just remember too that we all put our britches on the same way (feet first). Dress in company uniform or wear kahki pants, a golf shirt, and clean work boots. Carry an enclosed clipboard or (briefcase/attache) and have business cards ready.

hope this helps.
Kris