PDA

View Full Version : mulching

bkowalski
01-27-2005, 07:05 PM
say you charge $60-65 per yard of mulch....How many square feet is that?? Call me stupid

Smitty58
01-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Depends on how thick you lay it. 1 yd 4" = 81 sq ft, 162 sq ft for 2". the way I figure it is 1 yd for 150 sq ft which will do basically 2" with a little wiggle room.

i_plant_art
01-27-2005, 08:46 PM
if you are out bidding mulch jobs then you should be able to do some math and figure out how many sq.ft. are in a cubic yard. its simple math dude. also how does the price you mentioned affect how many sq.ft. there are? i suggest you go and for someone else for a few years and LEARN how the business is done,before you go out and start ruining the market for the rest of us.

MudslinginFX4
01-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Give him a break i plant art. We all have to start somewhere and there are a lot of variables involved with the question he was asking. There is not one basic answer, it depends on the type of mulch, how thick you are laying it, etc.. I think he would be better off having people answer his question then bashing him for asking the question.

bkowalski
01-27-2005, 08:55 PM
I thought thats what this forum was for, to ask questions, not for a$$$oles like you to shoot your mouth off I plant.

TClawn
01-27-2005, 11:26 PM
I calculate at 2" and figure 140 sqft per cubic yard . this gives me some insurance so that I'm not going back to the store to buy more mulch. there's nothing like wasting an hour driving to the store to pick up 6 cubic feet of mulch :realmad:

i_plant_art
01-28-2005, 12:16 AM
im not shooting my mouth off at anyone. but a question like that i think is something that needs to be learned not asked. its like asking how do you mow straight lines? its basic math. maybe i guess i take offense to his question b/c i went to school for 5 years sucked it up payed MY OWN WAY on my bill not daddy's and have built my business up from starting with a 1978 crapsman push with 2 accounts to now having over 80 residentials and 7 commercials. i taught myself i started with NOTHING and have gotten here by own education reading books til 2am reading magazines and such. i guess im just assuming that its too much for someone who is laying mulch to know how many sq.ft. are in a yard or at least be able to figure it out by playing with a tape measure and doing the math. sure i may sound harsh but my intentions are not that. call me what you want i dont care your not the one sitting across from me at the dinner table at night,my wife and child do therefore the names people want to call me on here and opinions of others here or anywhere else dont matter to me.