PDA

View Full Version : what's this worth

grass disaster
01-27-2005, 09:41 PM
this is not mine, but if i put on a new deck and a little paint i could get it to look something like this(well maybe not this nice). i am thinking of selling it and just wondering what it is worth.

also i have tow larger racks mounted on the front of the trailer. the ramp is a little larder with backsavers on them.

when i redo the floor should i put on treated wood?

mine is 18' long

i_plant_art
01-27-2005, 09:50 PM
if you built a deck would you use treated wood? have you ever seen an open trailer with out treated wood, that came form the factory. think about it. its worth as much as you can get for it. ill give you $100

grass disaster
01-27-2005, 09:56 PM
well... let me see yes i have seen a trailer without treated. MINE. Thanks for your smart ass reply!!

Carolina Cutter
01-27-2005, 10:16 PM
I would start at NO LESS than a grand.

D Felix
01-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Trailers come without treated wood quite often, actually... Our 14' came that way, the top side was painted.

The reason for this is that treated wood will warp more severely than untreated wood, and because of that often times it requires bolting the deck wood to the crossmembers of the trailer.

Kiln dried lumber won't warp much if any at all, and if the trailer doesn't constantly have wet mulch or dirt on it, the kiln dried lumber is fine. It's the constant contact with moisture that is the end of all wood.

I think the 14' trailer at work was ~5 years old before we had to replace the floor, and it's almost always got mulch or dirt in it. If it didn't have that constant contact, I'd think 10 years would be reasonable to expect.

Dan

marko
01-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Grassmaster,
I just bought a new single axle (3500lb), 5 x 8 with 3 station trimmer rack for $1050. I only operate WB's so don't need a larger one. I would say $1000 - $1200 for someone looking for one quick.

Stinger
01-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Try covering the floor with wolmanized plywood it is alot cheaper than replacing the whole thing.