PDA

View Full Version : Pesticide Exam....

Greenkeepers
01-30-2001, 07:19 AM
Hey all-

I finally took the pesticide exam here in Ohio and passed on the first try... I took the core and turf parts.. Anyone else have the same luck, I know a few of you have been talking about taking it.

For those who have it do you feel that you get cutomers just because of this? I would assume that you can charge a larger markup on your services, especially if you're one of few in the area that is certified....

Vandora Lawn & Landscape
01-30-2001, 07:36 AM
Congrats!

Indiana
01-30-2001, 08:22 AM
I got my license three years ago. I feel that one thing has set me apart from my competition here. It definately has made me more appealing to customers.

I charge more, but that's not the point. I feel better about my services and so does my customers. To be licensed is showing that you have taken time to better yourself and your business.

Good luck spraying and make some money.

TGCummings
01-30-2001, 09:34 AM
I took it cold in September and missed passing both the core rules and the landscape maintenance part by one question each!. Needless to say, I feel I can ace the tests now that I have been able to study both booklets, aspects of my home course, and from what I've learned the last 4-5 months online.

However, the next test in my town is in May. Although I could do some travelling (and take time out of work) to set up and pass the test in a distant city, I can wait it out. I don't have a pressing demand for service in that arena and I'm still rebuilding at a controlled growth pace.

Congrats on passing first try! :)

-TGC

lawman
01-30-2001, 10:36 AM
now you can start making some more money. Good job!!!!!

Atlantic Lawn
03-01-2001, 06:18 AM
Congrats ! Make sure you tell your insurer to adjust your policy for pest. application.

bilchak
03-01-2001, 09:36 PM
Congrats!!

I passed the Core and the wood preservation part a few years ago for another job I used to work at.

I'm starting a lawn care business this year, but will
not get into fertlizer until next year.....so I'll
have to pass this test this winter.

Tell me this.....if I only spread granular fert. do
I need a license?

Thanks,
John